Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Wireless Connector + 1month sky movies free

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Might give them another call tomorrow..

.. rang them twice from home in the last week for BB support (am on their €10 BB trial, so wonder was this a reason for denial?), and was on hold for 40 minutes each time.

The new packages / upgrade line is normally quicker but will leave it til tomorrow I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 169 ✭✭100200 shih

Thanks op , got the offer, but was waiting 40 mins !!! 2 months free movies & free wireless connector

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

greendom wrote: »
    Free Sky Wireless Connector + 1month sky movies free

Cheers greendom!

I've just rang up and got some of that. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

I got a letter today for half price Sky Movies for 6 months at www.sky.ie/easterfun/

I already have Entertainment Extra and Sports on the earlier half price offer, but tried to sign up online anyway. The order seemed to go through, but I got an email asking me to call Sky to sort out some details and when I did they knew nothing about the offer. So no Movies yet, hopefully it'll be on tomorrow. An extra €4.50 a month isn't bad, even if I only watch one film a month that'd be a good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Mrsbananas

What channel is disney movies, or are you all talking about Disney cine which has always been there?

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dermondo

Yahoo, done & dusted, many thanks .........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Mrsbananas wrote: »
    What channel is disney movies, or are you all talking about Disney cine which has always been there?

Sky Disney launches next Thursday 28th march.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Mrsbananas

RichT wrote: »
    Sky Disney launches next Thursday 28th march.

Thanks for that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭anonanymore

Thanks Greendom, just got it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭vicadd

Thanks, but was being given the offer until they tried to add and said it would remove my half price offer which was saving me around €32 per month - they couldn't stack the two offers :(

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Barnet

vicadd wrote: »
    Thanks, but was being given the offer until they tried to add and said it would remove my half price offer which was saving me around €32 per month - they couldn't stack the two offers :(

Yes, I was just told the same. When he tried to add it he said It would remove my half price multi room (12 months) and the 25% off entertainment offer (12 months). That's worth more to us for the year! I went ahead and ordered the Wireless Connector anyway as we had planned to do this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

If you have movies or a DtV offer on your account you can't avail of this offer...maybe a mod can put this on the first post so we dont cause confusion and people giving out blaming boards when they don't get it

Mrsbananas wrote: »

Disney cine is going and won't be available as a standalone channel no more sky Disney will be included in the movie package

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Free wireless connector and 2 months free movies. Thanks OP! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Is it all the movie channels that are free?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Son0vagun wrote: »
    Is it all the movie channels that are free?

Guy told me it was ANYTIME MOVIES that were free not regular movie channels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 784 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Guy told me it was ANYTIME MOVIES that were free not regular movie channels.

All the regular movie channels are free except Hd and box office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Just got it there. Rang up and asked about the wireless adapter. Movies got turned straight away.

Thanks OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

blahblah06 wrote: »
    So I ring after the 30 days to cancel or do I ring tomorrow to cancel this?

you get one month free , so ring after 30 days and cancel the movies
    your movies will remain working for a 2nd 30 days after that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

All done, thanks a million op.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Raoul

So once again with sky the people that pay for everything get the least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

Raoul wrote: »
    So once again with sky the people that pay for everything get the least.

just like every other company i can think of

On to them now...

.. he's trying to apply it to my account but says there's already a discount on it (and they can't stack them). Wonder is it the €10 BB + Talk package?

Been put on hold.

Hmmmmm...

EDIT: Sorted... was onto a sound man called Sean.

As per usual with call center offers.. if it doesn't work the first time, try again. If it doesn't work the second time, try again.. and so on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭caycro

I'm coming to the end of my 12 month contract this week and planned on ringing to cancel my account to see if I could get a better deal. If I sign up for this, does anyone know will I get stuck with the 'stacked deals' problem when I ring in a month to try and negotiate a better 12 month deal ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭adox

Basq wrote: »
    On to them now...

.. he's trying to apply it to my account but says there's already a discount on it (and they can't stack them). Wonder is it the €10 BB + Talk package?

Been put on hold.

Hmmmmm...

I had the same problem yesterday. was initially offered the deal after being left on hold a couple of times, then put on hold for 10 minutes waiting to be transferred to sales to get it added to my account, only to be told they couldnt as I already had a discount on my account(on my tv package).

I also have the cheap BB and phone package but it was my TV package discount that was flagged.

adox wrote: »
    I had the same problem yesterday. was initially offered the deal after being left on hold a couple of times, then put on hold for 10 minutes waiting to be transferred to sales to get it added to my account, only to be told they couldnt as I already had a discount on my account(on my tv package).

I also have the cheap BB and phone package but it was my TV package discount that was flagged.
    Nah, got it just there.

I'm not on any discounts on my TV package, so wasn't an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭positron

I rang last night and got speaking to very pleasant girl at their new Dublin call center. Very nice people indeed, but some technical issue caused them from processing the order, she said she will ring me back today once it's all sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭freebee23

Just got the offer there now.
    Many thanks to the OP for this.

Cheers,
    Freebee23

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Mixupat

Couldnt get the wireless connector as i only have a Sky Plus box, need a HD Box or HD ready which was going to cost..No one else get this? Couldnt get free offer as i already have one but would have paid the 12.99 but told it wouldnt work anyhow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,381 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Phoned up. I'm currently on half price package and they're still sending it out and signing me up for the free movies.

Thanks OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

thanks OP

was looking at buying the adapter recently so saved the 12.99 & 1 month free movies to boot

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Nice one. Just rang up and got the movies for 2 months and the wireless adapter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

hdowney wrote: »
    shoite. i have movies but want the connector. i'll ring later and see what happens

I'm the other way round. I have the connector but would like the free movies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

You can do it all online.

1. Order the movies at €8 per month with 1st month free.
    2. Add the wireless connector for 12.99 which then becomes free.
    3. place your order
    4. Enjoy sky movies for a month and get your free connector.

sky.PNG

pbarr wrote: »
    I'm the other way round. I have the connector but would like the free movies.

You can still get the movies free for 2 months just ring in as long as u don't have any other offers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

3. place your order

sky.PNG

Can you cancel movies after the free month?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

Told I couldn't get the free connector or movies as I'm already on a deal.

Beer Baron wrote: »
    I was told that as I have the €5 HD offer I cannot have it so told politely where to go. Said the best way around it is to give me €50 credit and then for me to pay the €12.99.

Cost to me -€37.01 LOL

I even suggested they try the above (well done on getting that :cool: )
    In fairness he was very helpful & he did try but he couldn't give me anything without me losing my current deal which isn't worth me risking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

LFC Murphy wrote: »
    Can you cancel movies after the free month?

Yes you cancel at the end of the free month and then you get the cancellation month free too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Cheers OP, got this today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Im just wondering if you can order a second wireless connector free (and 2 months free movies of course ;)) if you already paid for one and have multiroom?

This thought just came into my head as Im only off the phone from Sky and they couldnt give me the free movies as Im already on a half price offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

snapped it up.yipee! thanks for letting us know

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭garion

Just received the wireless box this morning and hooked it up in 2 minutes. All in all very happy. Thanks again OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 cmdrRiker

Just called Sky - no luck :( I am on a package with one pack of Sky Movies (half of them) so was told nothing can be added for free and I'd have to still pay for the connector.

Wonder if anyone else had the same issue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭vicadd

3. place your order

sky.PNG

Doing online worked for me also - after being denied on phone due to other discount package. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

cmdrRiker wrote: »
    Just called Sky - no luck :( I am on a package with one pack of Sky Movies (half of them) so was told nothing can be added for free and I'd have to still pay for the connector.

Yes I had to pay but got a €50 credit on my account for it. Claim you'll close your account.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

cmdrRiker wrote: »

try online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

try online

how would you go about it online if you already have the movies? do you know. cos your above included adding the movies but i have them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Helpneeded86

I called them. Im currently on half price with sports. He suggested the deal to me when I requested to buy it ( no intention of really buying it). It was the english call center I was on to.

Can anyone help me with what this connector does. Do I need a Laptop around to guide it or does the box do it all when hooked up.

Also would someone with only 15gb usgae struggle to use this proper?

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭meolwan

Just received my wireless connector this morning going to set it up now.
    Thanks again OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

muffler wrote: »
    Im just wondering if you can order a second wireless connector free (and 2 months free movies of course ;)) if you already paid for one and have multiroom?

This thought just came into my head as Im only off the phone from Sky and they couldnt give me the free movies as Im already on a half price offer.

I tried this online earlier like was suggested and it wouldn't allow me to choose the wireless connector, saying I had already purchased one and was awaiting delivery, but I've got my connector over a month now. So whether it is because they haven't updated their system or you aren't allowed to buy 2 of them I don't know. May be a different outcome if ordered over the phone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement