Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Army swim fitness help

• 20-03-2013 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi lads, need a bit of info. I have fitness test coming up and am after injuring my back. Running is a killer at the minute. Does anybody know what the distance/time is for the swim test?

Cheers Kev

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

What swim test?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 quantity771

What swim test?

The swim assessment instead of 3.2km run, if you're passed as injured?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

First ive heard of it. Contact any PTI you know in the army and they can find out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Same distance/time as the underwater knife fighting test. Bring your own speedo's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭Doctor14

Hi lads, need a bit of info. I have fitness test coming up and am after injuring my back. Running is a killer at the minute. Does anybody know what the distance/time is for the swim test?

Cheers Kev

Depends on your age - there is a big table of times and distances depending on age.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Deos this mean that if you ever get deployed to A'stan and get into firefight, that you have the choice of either -

1. Running like mad to get out of trouble?

or

2. Swimming like mad to get out of trouble?

Gee whiz, if ony I'd known there were choices.......

tac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

By strength and guile....

iceage wrote: »
    Same distance/time as the underwater knife fighting test. Bring your own speedo's.

Good man thanks for the serious post, two lads on my nco course done when they pulled hamstrings playing gaa, sorted now anyway thanks

tac foley wrote: »
    Deos this mean that if you ever get deployed to A'stan and get into firefight, that you have the choice of either -

1. Running like mad to get out of trouble?

or

2. Swimming like mad to get out of trouble?

Gee whiz, if ony I'd known there were choices.......

tac

No, it means if you're injured the doc can recommend you do swim instead of run for fitness test.

Here's hoping the troops sent to "A'stan", as you call it are a little better informed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Good man thanks for the serious post, two lads on my nco course done when they pulled hamstrings playing gaa, sorted now anyway thanks

Hang on... your an nco?:confused: Then you my good man should really know better then shouldn't you. I take it you've heard the term LD and please do pardon me for saying so, but is this really the place to ask a mong question like that?

If you have a "fitness test" coming up I'm sure the medically qualified thingy person you go to see would tell you what you can and cannot do. I would have thought swimming any distance would be bloody murder having done your back in by the way, never mind your mates hamstrings..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Thought it was a redass question myself.

Advertisement