Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irishtown, what's it like?

Options
  • 20-03-2013 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi, I'm currently looking to buy and have started to look at Irishtown. I've driven through a few times but would really appreciate any advise!!
    Is it a safe area? my budget is fairly low, and will probably keep an eye on Stella Gardens and the cottages there.
    Does anyone know anything about that estate? What are the residents like?
    Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

I bought in irishtown two years ago and I can't recommend the area enough. It's walking distance to town and the beach. Locals are great, very settled area, neighbours on my street are all long timers. Oarsman in ringsend is a great pub! Sandy mount village close by for more shops and nice village feel. Ringsend is a great village too and good character to it. Have found the area to be very safe and quiet. Traffic on my road can be noisy but I imagine stella gardens is a lot quiet. A friends brother bought there and loves it. Be aware that the area had flooded and this may be an insurance issue. Good luck with the house hunt!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 gg24

Thanks Annoyedgal, that's great to hear!! I'll have to look into the flooding issue, the bank probably won't give the mortgage if it can't be insured!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

A small part of Stella gardens was flooded back in Oct 2011, the whole area was severely flooded when the big Dodder wall was not there i think in 2002. As along as the wall stays up, you be fine ;)

The houses(really cottages) are quite small so if you need space be prepared to pay a premium.

Parking is a severe problem daytime and avoid the area on matchdays. You cannot get the jist of an area simply by driving through it, walk around a few times and get the vibe.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 gg24

Great info, I saw the parking was a bit crazy alright!!! I'm pretty convinced I won't be able to get much space for my money, so have started to accept that! I live pretty close to the aviva so used to the awkwardness! I'm going to walk down there are few times this week to get a feel for the place, that's a sound idea!

Advertisement