Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheap Everyday Foundation for Oily Skin

• 20-03-2013 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

I'm looking for a cheap foundation, ie. less than €15 that has a light-medium or just light coverage that has quite a matte finish. I've tried BB creams but they just slip all over my face and go really shiny within a few hours. I'd like to find a light(ish) coverage foundation that lasts through the day, I don't mind having to re-apply powder near the end of the day but I just can't stand when it starts to slide everywhere.

At the moment I'm using the revlon colourstay foundation in the oily/comb. skin formula and I really like it but its just too heavy really for my liking during the day, I'd like to find something a little more natural. I'm also relatively pale (I am either the lightest or second lightest shade in most Boots foundations) with neutral/yellow undertones :)

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Revlon Age Defying foundation is very similar to Colourstay but a lighter formula. It comes in the same shades too so if you know your Colourstay shade it should be the same in Age Defying.

I have super dry/slightly combo skin and it really doesn't suit my skin type so I would imagine someone with an oilier skin would be better suited. Also, investing in a good powder to keep everything in place is a must for oilier skin types!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Just had another thought - Bourjois Healthy Mix serium foundation is light and comes in lighter shades... may be worth checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭WaterLily.

Thanks for the advice :) I don't think the revlon one would be suitable for me as I'm only 20 so I don't need that kind of foundation yet! And I have tried the bourjois healthy mix foundation and it just slid off my skin and went really shiny within a couple of hours, I haven't tried the serum but I'd be wary buying it seeing as I didn't like the other one.

Has anyone tried the Revlon nearly naked foundation? Would it be good for oily skin or is it a very dewy foundation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

Catrice Infinite Matt in 010 (light beige) - an excellent foundation that I've repurchased about 10 times now. It lasts and lasts believe me and although I have dry-ish skin, with no oily-ness this does not dry out in any way. It's oil-free and will not oxidise.
    The colour is pale and very, very neutral. You won't get any yellow-ness from it nor any pink-y tones.

€6.50 too. Can't get any better than that. You'll buy two. Every week. In panic :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

csi vegas wrote: »
    Catrice Infinite Matt in 010 (light beige) - an excellent foundation that I've repurchased about 10 times now. It lasts and lasts believe me and although I have dry-ish skin, with no oily-ness this does not dry out in any way.
    The colour is pale and very, very neutral. You won't get any yellow-ness from it nor any pink-y tones.

€6.50 too. Can't get any better than that. You'll buy two. Every week. In panic :D

Almost certain that this line has been discontinued in the last few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

I really like collection 2000 16hour lasting perfection. It's oil free, but because it's liquid you still need a powder over it. I just use their translucent powder over it, and have been mistaken for wearing more expensive brands.
    It is roughly €10 in boots, and I get it in biscuit (no 3).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Maybelline Dream Matt Mousse was a surprising find for me, great light coverage and a matt finish. I get the lightest shade. It lasts ages as well. I would swirl a little powder over it, but not much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

Almost certain that this line has been discontinued in the last few weeks.

Oh no, please no...I hope not...

The stands I've seen everywhere are all still full to capacity, so with any luck it'll keep going for another while at least. The Infinite Matt has been around about two years now.

They (Catrice) have a new concealer out now though 'Camouflage Cream',
    I got it in 010, really good for dark circles.

Advertisement