Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy good pork belly in Dublin?

Options
  • 21-03-2013 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

I'm looking for some thick pork belly in Dublin city-centre or northside. I've recently found that the pork belly in butchers is very thin, high in meat and low in fat whereas I want plenty of fat to give it flavour. Can anyone recommend a place to get some tasty pork belly?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Moved from Food & Drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

FXB's on Moore Street

Was thinking of buying some myself, it's been a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

omahony meats in coolock. great belly and they,ll skin it and debone if you want. I normally get a 2kg slab of it and its nice and meaty

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

FXB's on Moore Street

Or FXB's factory outlet in Rathcoole if that's closer.
    Jammed every morning with Eastern European folk buying slabs of pork. Nyom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Franks pork and bacon butchers on Camden St. They always have it in the window.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i saw some excellent pork belly in a polish butchers in coolmine industrial estate last saturday week, thats probably a bit too far outside the city centre op so maybe try a polish or eastern european butchers in the CC

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭sethasaurus

I'd go easy on that stuff, unless you want to turn into a big, fat piggy yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,365 ✭✭✭Morgans

spurious wrote: »
    Or FXB's factory outlet in Rathcoole if that's closer.
    Jammed every morning with Eastern European folk buying slabs of pork. Nyom.

Colour me intrigued. Moved closeby to Rathcoole recently. Can you give more details of where the fxb outlet is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

FXB's on Moore Street

Plus one for FXB's, they leave the ribs on for you, apparently it helps keep it moist, nom nom nom!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Morgans wrote: »
    Colour me intrigued. Moved closeby to Rathcoole recently. Can you give more details of where the fxb outlet is?

It's in Greenogue Industrial Estate.
    When you go off the Naas road at the slip road for Rathcoole, go left at the first roundabout, then straight through two more (the second one looks like the main one into the Ind estate, but don't take it), then right at the next roundabout, then first right and then second right. It is the last unit on your right, with those big plastic curtains that butcher-y places have on the front.

picture.php?albumid=309&pictureid=14779

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Brady's in Fairview usually have it if thats any use to you. Was lovely last time I bought it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭GoodBridge

Or Larousse foods will deliver it:

http://www.laroussefoods.ie/335/Suckling_Pig_Belly_1kg_product.html

(note: that's €7.80 euro per kilo... it wasn't very clear to me)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement