Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm trying to find out how much my website is worth

Options
  • 21-03-2013 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭

I want to sell a website I own. It's www.ulovephones.com ,I started the site 4 years ago but never really marketed the site apart from some YouTube videos and some private classified ads. I have secured approx 50 sales since its inception. Around €2500 gross profit with €0 amount invested in the site. Can anyone tell me is the domain name AND full website itself worth anything? I would be signing over the domain name and ecommerce website to secure a sale. Any info would be very welcome. Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

What do you actually know? Just the domain name?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

It's worth very little especially as it seems to list phones that belong in a museum. Any good hosting package generally comes with an ecommerce package that gives the same as yours. So you're basically left with the domain name. TBH I'd say money would be better spent on Google adwords.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Not a lot to be honest ..

Design is cack, needs to be redone and you have no customers so im assuming no traffic..
    I,d personally take a 100 notes if i was offered it.
    Domain name isnt appealing on any level i guess :S

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Not a lot to be honest ..

Design is cack, needs to be redone and you have no customers so im assuming no traffic..
    I,d personally take a 100 notes if i was offered it.
    Domain name isnt appealing on any level i guess :S

The design is a template. See the link at the bottom of the site. I would imagine the domain name is the only thing that can actually be sold.
    The name isn't too catchy but maybe the traffic gives it value?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭dalyboy

Thanks for the helpful replies guys. I did'nt put much marketing into this site so the level of customers was dismal. I got fleeced on the set up costs of this site back in 2007 or so when website builders could charge what they liked. I paid €1300 for the original set up and template and €50 p.a hosting fee. Having the site has secured sales indirectly over the years so I still made a slight profit on it. However I purchased a set up of a new website last year which I paid €65 for and it looks much more professional and theres NO hosting fee. You live and learn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

How can you have a website with no hosting fee?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭dalyboy

I meant to say virtually no hosting fee

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭I.S.T.

What is the traffic like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Not one proper smart phone listed on the site...

Advertisement