Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March Madness

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

ELITE EIGHT

34566304.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

ELITE EIGHT

34566304.png

Duke Louisville will just be great

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ro2

Watching Duke v Louisville. That was horrific.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

ro2 wrote: »
    Watching Duke v Louisville. That was horrific.

I have never ever seen anything like that injury in any sport, that really was gruesome. Hopefully both teams will rally together from this and the game will finish off in a fitting style.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Horrible, really taken away from the game as a spectacle!!

• Advertisement

The game is getting back to the way it was though. I've a feeling we could be in for a cracker after half time :D

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Thoughts and prayers are with the lad. Horrific viewing that :(

__

Louisville win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Never seen anything like that in Basketball, horrific freak injury, very hard to watch.
    I am not very empathetic but man do I feel for that player and his teammates, just horrible.

dgoneil1 Dana O'Neil
    Louisville statement re Kevin Ware: surgery completed. Bone reset, rod inserted in right tibia. Will remain in hospital until at least Tue

Didn't watch the L'Ville / Duke game live. But that was pretty fcked up what happened to Kevin Ware

Look at the bench recoiling in horror at the sight of his leg

• Advertisement

Well done Doug Gottlieb. You just got yourself fired buddy

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Well done Doug Gottlieb. You just got yourself fired buddy

What a tool. I didn't see that whole section, but was the any forgivable context for that comment?

What a tool. I didn't see that whole section, but was the any forgivable context for that comment?

It may seem ridiculous to some, but What Doug Gottlieb said is career suicide when you're on national television in the United States.

I would be very surprised if he was not fired. He will no doubt be suspended at first and later fired. This is most likely the end of his career

I remember just a few months ago, a black sports analyst named Rob Parker was fired from ESPN for racist comments he made about NFL Quarterback Robbert Griffin III. He basically said that Griffin wasn't a real black man because he acted too white.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Final Four time!!!!

Is it just me or is the main camera position absolutely dreadful ie. too far away???

Anyho, go Cards! :D

EDIT: Ok dreadful may be a little bit of an over-exaggeration now that I've gotten used to it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭stretchdoe

Tight.

Still see Louisville winning this, though, as they've more weapons, if their best players start playing to their potential.

They may have to try and break it open early in the second half, though.

The longer it goes on and remains tight, the pressure might start getting to them.

kingcobra wrote: »
    Is it just me or is the main camera position absolutely dreadful ie. too far away???

Anyho, go Cards! :D

EDIT: Ok dreadful may be a little bit of an over-exaggeration now that I've gotten used to it :D

Know what you mean about the camera position.

Comes across as too far away and 'flat'; doesn't give enough of an 'overview'.

Does take some getting used to.

What a tense game..

Great stuff.

Odd call to make in the moment. Good comeback and win for the Cardinals though.

Looking forward to watchin the NBA Draft players in this game. Trey Burke, Tim Hardaway, Glen Robinson for Michigan. Michael Carter Williams for Syracuse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

This is such a crazy ending

Very entertaining game, though Syracuse last play was stupid. McGary impressed.

Louisville vs Michigan in the final.

I feel it's a good time to highlight the Michigan Fab 5 documentary at this time.
    I encourage everyone who is a basketball fan to watch this fantastic documentry

Great Final, Well done to Louisville, Fantastic game of Basketball. Peyton Siva, Luke Hancock the stars of the night

BHYO2-MCQAASiQ-.jpg:large
    BHYaoOqCIAA_F2d.jpg:large

Watched it here and there for the most part and solidly through for most of the second half. What a terrific ball game! Big props to Rick Pitino and Louisville.

Was last night a blip or is that how these college games are generally played?.

The last time I watched College ball was during the lock out and I don't remenber those early season games been played any different than an NBA game.

But that game last night was crazy tempo.. Louisville were using a high pressure full court trap, and both teams were trapping all over the shop. There was never any plays ran out in a calm and composed rhythm.
    There seemed to be far less shooting foul calls on lay ups and drives, granted my stream wasn't crystal clear but so many times where a missed lay up looked like a foul(in NBA terms) the play continued.

Is there more contact allowed or is more let go because of the occassion?

Was last night a blip or is that how these college games are generally played?.

The last time I watched College ball was during the lock out and I don't remenber those early season games been played any different than an NBA game.

But that game last night was crazy tempo.. Louisville were using a high pressure full court trap, and both teams were trapping all over the shop. There was never any plays ran out in a calm and composed rhythm.
    There seemed to be far less shooting foul calls on lay ups and drives, granted my stream wasn't crystal clear but so many times where a missed lay up looked like a foul(in NBA terms) the play continued.

Is there more contact allowed or is more let go because of the occassion?

Well you can't expect the same intensity in early season regionals that you get in the Final Four

It's a completely different level. Here you have future NBA prospects, Trey Burke, Tim Hardaway, Glen Robinson, Mitch McGary, Peyton Siva, Gorgui Dieng

• Registered Users Posts: 11,596 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

You obvious didn't watch the game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,596 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

You obvious didn't watch the game

Didn't get a chance, sick child in the house combined with an early start for work this morning. Care to enlighten me as to what I missed?

Advertisement