Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March Madness

Options
13»

Comments

Well you can't expect the same intensity in early season regionals that you get in the Final Four

It's a completely different level. Here you have future NBA prospects, Trey Burke, Tim Hardaway, Glen Robinson, Mitch McGary, Peyton Siva, Gorgui Dieng

That's not what I meant as such.

I didn't mean basic intensity, obviously regular season games are played at a lower intensity but if you compare that game to an NBA finals game, the NBA game seems more organised and teams are more prepared to properly set up to defend/attack whereas last night it was full court pressing, traps left right and centre, even inbounding the ball it was regularly hoisted back to mid court.

Maybe its more an experience thing and in the big games these lads are trying too hard and sometimes leaving guys open needlessly on double teams etc... but the way that game was played was much more open and sloppy compared to an NBA game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

They were going all out for the win. Players were doing star jumps just to try to stop opposition inbounding

• Registered Users Posts: 11,596 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

They were going all out for the win. Players were doing star jumps just to try to stop opposition inbounding

It's a national championship game, what level of effort did you expect? And have you ever seen a Pitino team play before, such as his Kentucky team in the late 90's, massive full-court defensive effort is one of the signatures of his teams,

And how is that relevant to the link I posted? :confused:

Advertisement