Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excel Formula

Options
  • 21-03-2013 3:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭

Trying to a spreadsheet to calculate future wages depending on hours and only part I cant figure out is the formula for USC, ive tried googling it and but not sure im wording it right so any help is apprectiated.
    Lets say my gross pay is in B27.
    I want a cell that will calculate the total of anything up to and equal to 193 at 2% + anything over that at 4%.
    Any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Assuming you get at least 193 would a simple equation like:
    =sum((193*.02)+((B27-193)*.04))
    do the job?

I haven't use Excel for years but I know there's a list of formulae within the program for more complex stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

Eathrin wrote: »
    Assuming you get at least 193 would a simple equation like:
    =sum((193*.02)+((B27-193)*.04))
    do the job?

I haven't use Excel for years but I know there's a list of formulae within the program for more complex stuff.

just tried this and it works perfect and matches up with my past pay slips on every cell. Thanks a lot. Really must sit down and relearn all my excel commands

Advertisement