Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much are X-rays

• 21-03-2013 4:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭

Came home from work tonight and my pup didn't rush to me like usual so I went up to her and called her... Nothin
    So picked her up and she let out a yelp
    I put her down and she walked over limping and making little crying noises
    So I held her paw that she limped on and she was fine
    Next thought was possibly her ribs are hurting
    Attempted to feel her ribs and she yelped and bit me, not hard but lettin me know its hurting
    Thinking broken rib. How I don't know and has me worried now. Il be sleeping downstairs tonight to watch her and see how she is. And il be going to the vet in the morning
    Cost isn't a great problem just I don't get paid for another 3 weeks so need to get a loan off the gf
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Came home from work tonight and my pup didn't rush to me like usual so I went up to her and called her... Nothin
    So picked her up and she let out a yelp
    I put her down and she walked over limping and making little crying noises
    So I held her paw that she limped on and she was fine
    Next thought was possibly her ribs are hurting
    Attempted to feel her ribs and she yelped and bit me, not hard but lettin me know its hurting
    Thinking broken rib. How I don't know and has me worried now. Il be sleeping downstairs tonight to watch her and see how she is. And il be going to the vet in the morning
    Cost isn't a great problem just I don't get paid for another 3 weeks so need to get a loan off the gf
    Thanks

It depends on the size of the dog? I have a retriever and his were around €150. Don't feed her if you think she needs an X-ray because they have to fast if they're going to be sedated. Painkillers and some rest could be all that's needed so try not to worry too much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Your dog may not need to be xrayed ; the vet can tell a lot from an examination.
    If cash flow is an issue ( & for who isn't it) ask your bet if you can pay on payday.

The X-ray charges go by the weight of the dog for anaesthetic so for a pup it will be nothing like for a grown dog: mine weighs 35/40 kg & I'd pay about 150 or so. Or would if I hadn't got ( Allianz ) pet insurance. ( you can't claim for 6 or 12 weeks after signing up & anything previously treated for before joining won't be covered)

Just in case ease don't give her human painkillers - they may kill her :0

You can also look online for the Blue Cross - they are great & they will examine your pup for a donation if you are stuck - they have mobile vet units with real vets & are very nice & can examine & perscribe painkillers/ anti-inflamitories etc for you. Try them if your vet won't help - and then change vet.

Your little puppy sounds as thou it needs to see someome - maybe try them first - they do have mobile clinics after work on many evenings- you will just have to get there early & Q - I think they operate from 7-8 Monday to Friday . Bluecross.ie

Hope your pup is feeling better soon. Poor little thing.
    Fair dues to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

If you are a reasonable regular at your vets, they should allow you to pay it off once you get paid. Make sure to ask before you go down there though! Most vets will allow some give when it comes to payment of certain things. Even if you payed half when you got it done and the other half once you get paid - most people are feeling the pinch and many vets understand this.

Don't jump to conclusions though - make sure you have your dog seen by the vet before you go booking the dog in for an x ray. It may be a soft tissue injury which would not need an x ray (and thus, be much cheaper!).

Advertisement