Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie here.

Options
  • 21-03-2013 4:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭

Just joined the forum and I figured I should introduce myself. My name's Seán, I live in Dublin just outside the city centre. I'm relatively new to playing fighting games competitively. Up until now I've spent most of my time derping around in arcade mode and mashing shoryuken basically. The last month or so I've been taking it more seriously, actually reading up on tactics and strategy and trying to not be totally useless.
    Mostly I'm just playing AE right now. I main Ken, hence the past experience of mashing DP and thinking it was awesome, and I dabble a bit in Evil Ryu and Dan for when I want a laugh. Might pick up Cammy a bit too.
    So yeah, that's me. Hopefully I'll get to know you all and start coming along to meet-ups and such over the next while.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

JustShon wrote: »
    Might pick up Cammy a bit too.

You will do well here. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

You will do well here. :p

She's popular round these parts then?

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

She's popular round these parts then?
    She's a very very good character that a lot of people are switching to

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    She's a very very good character that a lot of people are switching to

Yeah, I've noticed her getting a lot of attention lately. She's a lot of fun too, a match with a skilled Cammy player always looks pretty spectacular.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

JustShon wrote:
    Yeah, I've noticed her getting a lot of attention lately. She's a lot of fun too, a match with a skilled Cammy player always looks pretty spectacular.

I wouldn't know I've never seen a Cammy player with skill.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Azza wrote: »
    I wouldn't know I've never seen a Cammy player with skill.

http://youtu.be/fEpA2qydHQg?t=2m3s

Took me a while to notice that it was Azza in the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Welcome to the scene!

Be aware that some of the local players are pretty good at the game, and you might lose without really knowing what went wrong.
    Don't get discouraged though, it's a good learning experience, and everyone should be willing to give you pointers.

I am definitely NOT among those great players, so feel free to add me (details here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056452989 ) if you want a better chance at winning.

Also, if you want the BEST chance at winning, add KO|Kiki :D

Welcome to the scene!

Be aware that some of the local players are pretty good at the game, and you might lose without really knowing what went wrong.
    Don't get discouraged though, it's a good learning experience, and everyone should be willing to give you pointers.

I am definitely NOT among those great players, so feel free to add me (details here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056452989 ) if you want a better chance at winning.

Thanks! Yeah I'm full expecting to get absolutely obliterated non-stop for a very long time. Hopefully I can learn while getting my arse kicked though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Waitasecond! A fighter who plays Ken and Cammy yet still manages to be completely useless?... Are you actually me? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭jimmypenguin

yo

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Welcome to the scene!

Oh you did NOT...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Oh you did NOT...

Lol get owned kiki

deathrider wrote: »
    Waitasecond! A fighter who plays Ken and Cammy yet still manages to be completely useless?... Are you actually me? :pac:

It's a possibility, not gonna lie, the circumstances surrounding my birth were very mysterious.

But really I just haven't been taking the game seriously long enough to be anything you could call good.

It's a possibility, not gonna lie, the circumstances surrounding my birth were very mysterious.

But really I just haven't been taking the game seriously long enough to be anything you could call good.

... and I've never seen us both in the same place at the same time. Hmmm... the plot thickens.

deathrider wrote: »
    ... and I've never seen us both in the same place at the same time. Hmmm... the plot thickens.

Ok, I'll come clean, I'm future you, I travelled back in time to tell you that 1 year from now ... you're still going to suck at street fighter. Don't ask me for lotto numbers either coz 1 year from now you're too poor to own a telly.

Sounds about right, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Welcome. Always good to see new players.

GorySnake wrote: »
    Welcome. Always good to see new players.

Thanks man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

more players always good news.
    welcome :D

• Advertisement

Cheers guys, once I start coming along to casuals and events you all get a couple of months or more of free wins :P

Advertisement