Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yokes E Ecstacy MDMA

Options
  • 21-03-2013 8:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am looking to see who in the 30-40 age bracket took these when they were in late teens and early 20's, and to see in reflection what was the outcome, did they do long term damage ? I took them from 18-25 on and off, to be honest they did damage a few people I know, but not me, any others got opinions ? I would say I preferred them to drink when I started out, but then the recovery time got longer, interested to see what people of the ages now mature adults have to say...
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭francois

I'd love to tell you but I can't remember

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭francois

Joking aside, nobody I know has suffered any damage whatsoever, and some were heavy users

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Radiosurfer

Apart from emotional damage and some very bad relationship choices none of my mates had any long term physical or psychological damage done (that i can tell). There was all kinds of scaremongering about parkinsons,alzheimers and the like at the time but last I heard MDMA is now being tested as a way to reverse the effects of Parkinsons. See below.

http://www.virtualmedicalcentre.com/news/taking-the-party-out-of-ecstasy-a-new-parkinson-s-drug/17559

I should add that some of my mates were ridiculously heavy users as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Apart from some teeth damage and a propensity for listening to some woeful sh¡te in me younger days there hasn't been any lasting damage. Although if you go over to the oldskool thread you might read some harrowing tales from brain addled survivors in such a permanent state of confusion they actually think some of the music they put up is enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

Apart from some teeth damage and a propensity for listening to some woeful sh¡te in me younger days there hasn't been any lasting damage. Although if you go over to the oldskool thread you might read some harrowing tales from brain addled survivors in such a permanent state of confusion they actually think some of the music they put up is enjoyable.

Good one :p

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 196 ✭✭shed head

2 mates are now in physchiatric hospitals, at the height they were popping around 10 a night/weekend, can't remember really, however the docs have confirmed they were nuts and would of gone mad anyway, E just fast forwarded it! As for me, i am grand for the most part, which is just as well as i can't spell physciatric properly!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Wouldn't have been a heavy user myself, a few mates would've been but the only damage they suffered would've been to their teeth as mentioned above. Had a couple of mates who started smoking heroin to come down off yokes and they got badly fcuked on that but I wouldn't call that a direct result of taking pills

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭mariano rivera

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Wouldn't have been a heavy user myself, a few mates would've been but the only damage they suffered would've been to their teeth as mentioned above. Had a couple of mates who started smoking heroin to come down off yokes and they got badly fcuked on that but I wouldn't call that a direct result of taking pills

Wasnt that big a user

More interested in having the craic then dancing for hours

I used to enjoy the after sessions more tbh.

HATED, HATED, HATED the comedowns

Had a few friends who had psychological episodes

One guy still reckons he gets flashbacks from a pill he took about 20 years ago
    Anyone remember some pills called "Super Mad Bastards"?

Another friend died of a cocaine OD, aged 23

Another had/ has a huge coke/ alcohol problem which has been going 20 years
    Single man living in London, working all the time in a good job but not a penny to his name

As Billy Mays says above, hard to know if these things would have happened anyways

Although, I do think that these friends of mine did come to enjoy/ love the out of their head state by attending danceclubs/ raves

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Yea but most of that would have been a foreign thing no? You'd hardly have seen or even now see people smoking Ecstasy at the disco in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭leinsterdude

Good honest replies, I was doing them for years, in fairness see no side affects with me, the two mates that are still a bit mad most likely would have been anyway, they are now drinking mostly to keep the party alive though.....we all got together two years ago to try yokes again, we were all ****ed for about three days, just not worth it as the comedown was awful, and the puking was bad coming up on them, would never do them again, amazing when you are younger how much quicker you recover.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭Joe Hart

I'm still at them after nearly 11 years. Top stuff.
    Work for the police as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭kingofslaves

If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Joe Hart wrote: »
    I'm still at them after nearly 11 years. Top stuff.
    Work for the police as well!

Stings gardener?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

I'm over 40 O:-) and was what you could classify as a heavy user of E and speed and then charlie in later years, had some pretty nasty comedowns over the years and occasionally get flashbacks but ultimately for my age I'm healthy enough and the persian rugs didn't do me any long term damage

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

jonnny68 wrote: »
    I'm over 40 O:-) and was what you could classify as a heavy user of E and speed and then charlie in later years, had some pretty nasty comedowns over the years and occasionally get flashbacks but ultimately for my age I'm healthy enough and the persian rugs didn't do me any long term damage

Thats a matter of opinion

You must be on a permo to be still listening to all that ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

21 years ago............

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 196 ✭✭shed head

BCS BSC BSC

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭leinsterdude

old song there alright, is e culture still happening or all other stuff now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

it is still happening and gathering pace again

• Advertisement

You must be on a permo to be still listening to all that ****e.
    Yore ma

Yore ma

Would you say that to my face*?

*6'2'' 14.5 stone. No fat

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭clonadlad

You have a quite a large face.

clonadlad wrote: »
    You have a quite a large face.

You wouldn't say that to my face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

What's all this about a love drug?...........

mikom wrote: »
    What's all this about a love drug?...........

You do it for ten years and you see what love is left inside you.

Yeah while I knock the Bollox out of you and **** on your face

The above is actually only acting the boloxx in case some over zealous moderator issues banning orders!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

they were the best of times ...they were the worst of times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music :pac:

131994.jpg

No ill effects after 10 years of lavish abuse of ecstasy, LSD & amphetamine, but thats not to say it doesnt, IMO, it depends on your mental state to begin with & how you interpret & handle situations.

If you are a negative thinker & inclined towards paranoia & nervous disorders, i think the use of narcotics will amplify the bad also.

While ecstasy will mask that temporarily, once it has worn off i think the user is in a worse place than when beginning, i have seen friend first hand have serious panic attacks on come downs having taken half of what i have had & i would have to calm them & keep them together.

Another friend of mine had a complete mental breakdown after the asylum years, turned into a recluse from about 95 to 97, wouldnt come out at all.

Advertisement