Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convert Astec sensors

Options
  • 21-03-2013 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭

Is it possible to use/adapt existing Astec shocks and contacts when replacing the Astec control panel with a new HKC control panel?
    What about external and internal siren? I think one time I encountered an astec external siren connected to a hkc panel while doing a repair job but I can't remember the ins and outs of it.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Technically you could convert Astec system sensors/contacts but realistically it's not worth the hassle. It would involve opening sealed parts of the device and removing built in resistors. There was a unit that allowed global bells to be connected to an Astec system, but not the other way round.
    Astec did also make a global bell that was the same design as the system bell. Maybe that's what you saw.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭John Kelly of

Thanks for that info man

Advertisement