Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drinking alone at home

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Meh. They're all cack.

Actually heineken isn't the worst in the world I guess.

Used to be a proud Heineken drinker back in the day. Then I turned 18. Can hardly even taste the stuff now. Nothing but mass-produced dishwater. The lagers you find on tap in most pubs in Ireland are terrible for the most part. Guinness is the best of them. Pint of plain is yer only man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

I just finished work and was having a nice cup of tea having a look on boards and after reading this thread im craving a glass of red wine so f*ck the tea and off back to the kitchen for me .

thanks boardies , you really do care ...

Used to be a proud Heineken drinker back in the day. Then I turned 18. Can hardly even taste the stuff now. Nothing but mass-produced dishwater. The lagers you find on tap in most pubs in Ireland are terrible for the most part. Guinness is the best of them. Pint of plain is yer only man.

Well if you're going the bar, I'll have a leffe please.

But seriously, I love a drink at home. A beer watching a movie, or a glass of wine after a bath. Tis lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Well if you're going the bar, I'll have a leffe please.

But seriously, I love a drink at home. A beer watching a movie, or a glass of wine after a bath. Tis lovely.

I used to have a thing for the craft beers at home. Most of them are quite strong so I'd find myself gettin lushed up rapid. Maybe I should learn some temperance and enjoy one or two with a meal. Like a mature responsible adult.

Wouldn't bother with the wine myself, gives you man-boobs I hear!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭razorgil

I used to have a thing for the craft beers at home. Most of them are quite strong so I'd find myself gettin lushed up rapid. Maybe I should learn some temperance and enjoy one or two with a meal. Like a mature responsible adult.

shhiiitttt, and here was me thinkin i was "growin" a six pack, oh well...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Scruffles wrote: »
    its a bunch of stereotyping by the majority as per usual.
    society has been mind washed to believe the social seeking extrovert is a standard that everyone shoud aim for lest they want to be called a unhealthy,un natural weirdo.

if those who have a normal relationship with alcohol prefer drinking in their own company it is their choice to do so and they arent weird or unhealthy by that action; not everyone is stimulated by the same things and the same surroundings.
    let introverts/ introvert mixed people be themselves,society needs to stop trying to force extroversion on people,screw that sht; if people want to choose what other people do then they can pay to have that privilidge of owning someone.

that isnt true for everyone,many of us with autism drink,eat and do specific things acording to rigid routine,and it isnt a dependancy on things it self,its the predictibility that routine gives and the anxiety that not having predictibility causes.

Someone needs a drink:pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Budweiser. Best beer in the world.

Or is that carlsberg?
    Probably.....:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

craft beers will ruin you altogether. When I go into a pub in Ireland there's no beer I'd actually like to drink outside of Guinness. The only redeeming feature of English pubs is they all serve craft beers, cheep too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

I think women are more cut out for this. dunno how my ma would unwind without her gin & juice, and how many sophisticats keep a bottle of vino beside em

as a male I fear feelings of desolation followed by testing the resolve of a window. Or thinking I can fly out it, albeit closed with the tricolour for a cape

ScumLord wrote: »
    craft beers will ruin you altogether. When I go into a pub in Ireland there's no beer I'd actually like to drink outside of Guinness. The only redeeming feature of English pubs is they all serve craft beers, cheep too.

I used to think that but now that I'm in Spain and craft beers aren't widely available, I've gone back to drinking sh1te. At least here you get small amounts of beer at a time (a half or less) so you don't end up with half a pint left of warm, flat, crappy lager. And all the bars have table service, so no worries about queueing at the bar. Back home, I used to order pints just to have more time before I had to go back to the bar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭slave2thewage

But you're never drinking alone when you have the internet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Tonight will be a case of home, dinner, then beers while waiting for the match alone. Of course that is not till 3.30 am

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

ScumLord wrote: »
    I'm drinking in a wetherspoons in London and I'd feel less lonely drinking at home. English pubs are shyte.

Wash your mouth out with soap, they're great! Except for some of the chains, Spoons and the like.

Advertisement