Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College dilemma!

Options
  • 21-03-2013 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭

Hey all! long time, no see!! :D

I'm currently in college repeating a module which I failed last year. There's a 25% continuous assessment part of the module in the form of homework questions that need to be handed up every couple of weeks.

My problem is that the lecturer's assistant (my lecturer has an assistant for helping us in class) has accidentally uploaded all the solutions to every single question for the semester on moodle. She still hasn't copped on to this!

The whole class is delighted about this including me for a while, but now I have this irrational fear that the lecturer is going to make the exam extremely hard since the whole class is doing amazingly well in continuous assessment.

What should I do? Should I say something or keep my mouth shut?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Personally, Id email in explaining the situation from your point of view, and see what he says from there. Would be very unfair on you otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

I'd throw in that you should maybe create an anonymous Gmail account for this. That way you can say what needs to be said without any potential grief from people in the class. You might be pleasantly surprised and find they put them up deliberately anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

Hey all! long time, no see!! :D

I'm currently in college repeating a module which I failed last year. There's a 25% continuous assessment part of the module in the form of homework questions that need to be handed up every couple of weeks.

My problem is that the lecturer's assistant (my lecturer has an assistant for helping us in class) has accidentally uploaded all the solutions to every single question for the semester on moodle. She still hasn't copped on to this!

The whole class is delighted about this including me for a while, but now I have this irrational fear that the lecturer is going to make the exam extremely hard since the whole class is doing amazingly well in continuous assessment.

What should I do? Should I say something or keep my mouth shut?

well whats the pass grade? if you have 25 percent in the bag and only need 15 or 25 in the final exam i wouldn't say anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭re.mark.able

you should definitely say something

The point of being in college is to learn, not just to get a piece of paper at the end - if all you do is scrape by to that piece of paper, you'll just have paid all that money for a piece of pape and not have any new knowledge that will actually help you get a job. They don't care whether you have the degree or not, they want to see that you worked for it and that you're interested in that field

So yes, say something - it's good to be challenged, the harder something is the more you learn from it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

say nathin'

be grand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Say nothing. Don't be that guy.

Advertisement