Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get an Engineers Report, North Wicklow / South Dublin

Options
  • 21-03-2013 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

thinking of picking up a Motorhome. It is over 15 years old so will need an engineers report completed for the insurance. It has just passed a DOE so should be fine.

Any recomendations - and an idea of a cost? Rang one maind dealer and they said €120 plus VAT.

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭bluethunder

oinkely wrote: »
    Hi All,

thinking of picking up a Motorhome. It is over 15 years old so will need an engineers report completed for the insurance. It has just passed a DOE so should be fine.

Any recomendations - and an idea of a cost? Rang one maind dealer and they said €120 plus VAT.

cheers

So insurers are still asking for an engineer's report even though it has passed the DOE?? That seems unfair. Sorry, in Cork so cannot recommend anyone for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Hi I have an 86 Talbot express and the D.O.E is sufficient for me to get insurance with Dolmen Ins.

Seems like a waste of €120+ to me after the fact the camper has a CRW ... Ring around the camper insurance companys and ask them what do they require before you go ahead with an engineers report!

Advertisement