Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

international lodgement

Options
  • 21-03-2013 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Is it possible to lodge money into a UK HSBC account from a Bank of Ireland?

I am from Ireland but live in Wales, and i am back in Ireland and will be held back here for longer than expected and i have to pay rent in my house in wales.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi jimbobtravis,

Thanks for your post.

Bank of Ireland customers and can register international payee's and make transfers on 365 online.

Customers can also make international transfers in the branch however this is only for amounts over €3,000.

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭jimbobtravis

Hi jimbobtravis,

Thanks for your post.

Bank of Ireland customers and can register international payee's and make transfers on 365 online.

Customers can also make international transfers in the branch however this is only for amounts over €3,000.

Thanks

Billy
    thanks for your reply.

i tried to add a payee on my 365online account, but i only have the basic account details (account number & sort code), but it is also asking me for IBAN & BIC numbers which i do not have. how would i get my hands on these numbers, and would my payee have to have one available or are they automatically assigned to every account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi jimbobtravis,

You will need to contact the account holder who should be able to provide you with the IBAN and BIC. If the account holder is unsure of the details, they can contact their bank who can help.

When you register a payee, you will need to receive an activation code before you can transfer to the account. If you have your mobile number registered to receive texts, you can choose to receive the code to your mobile. If not, the code will be posted to the home address on your account.

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement