Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland to Canada money transfer query

Options
  • 21-03-2013 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

Phoenix wrote: »
    Which bank or institution offers the best money transfer rates?

I am using http://www.currencyfair.com/ for my transfer, check them out

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

I put all my money in National Irish Bank and then.online transfered it in one go. They're one of the only banks with no limit on a transfer. In total it cost about €25 and was in my Canadian acc in 3 days. There's an option for a next day transfer for €75

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭meelyb

Tonto86 wrote: »
    I put all my money in National Irish Bank and then.online transfered it in one go. They're one of the only banks with no limit on a transfer. In total it cost about €25 and was in my Canadian acc in 3 days. There's an option for a next day transfer for €75

What exchange rate did you get though if you don't mind me asking? Cos I will be considering the rate used as well as charges, thanks

I think currencyfair good offer a very good rate compared to the banks
    if you check this website http://www.xe.com/ you see that one euro is worth 1.32 CAD
    and if you check the currencyfair calculator on the their homepage: http://www.currencyfair.com/

you see their rate is the same as or close to that on the exchange site where as a bank in ireland may not offer such as good rate and if exchanged around 1000euro you save around 61CAD compared to a bank, the previous poster paid €25 fee for the bank to transfer funds where as currencyfair has a €3 fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭meelyb

I use XE a good bit alright -mainly for online shopping! Currency fair seems a good option alrite, thanks Gary. You could give the Moving2Canada guy a run for his money with your help!

• Advertisement

meelyb wrote: »

What exchange rate did you get though if you don't mind me asking? Cos I will be considering the rate used as well as charges, thanks

Good point. When I transferred it was 2c lower then the actual exchange.

meelyb wrote: »
    I use XE a good bit alright -mainly for online shopping! Currency fair seems a good option alrite, thanks Gary. You could give the Moving2Canada guy a run for his money with your help!

thanks I like to save people money :D
    the reason you get good rates and low fee with currencyfair is the money you want is really from another person who wants your money so it cuts out the bank and its hefty fees and low exchange rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

currencyfair rate is usually about 4-5 cents better per euro than the banks for the most part.

Only a flat rate of $4 to transfer your funds also.

Haven't seen anything better

leggit wrote: »
    currencyfair rate is usually about 4-5 cents better per euro than the banks for the most part.

Only a flat rate of $4 to transfer your funds also.

Haven't seen anything better

That's the best deal I heard of by far.

Advertisement