Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange goings-on II

Options
  • 21-03-2013 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭

So, I had a thread yesterday about problems with posting, and once I posted it, the problems seemed to disapear. But they're back. When I type a post, all the spaces are squashed together so there are no paragraphs or spaces between full stops. Makes it quite difficult to read. It's hard to edit a post because these guys are all over them-
    . Also, the entire range of options above and to the left of the writing screen are unavailable- the smilies, font control, you tube and spoiler tags etc. What's going on? I am in a different country, but that would hardly matter, would it?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,244 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Different country shouldn't matter, unless it's a local browser langauge thing doing something odd. As a start clear the cache first.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Regularly do that, but I'll try it again and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

OK, cleared my cache and then tried to multi-quote. This i what i was left with:

<p>
    Our forests must be run with environmental sustainability in mind first and foremost and not for the bottom line of a private foreign company.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Selling the rights off for a quick buck of one of the most important aspects of what makes Ireland what it is smacks of the same dim witted short sightedness that has us in our current morass.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>We have one of the lowest levels of forest coverage in Europe as it is so we should be looking at expanding existing woodlands instead of selling off what little we have.
    </p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>
    Orion wrote: »
    What unsubstantiated fears? Forestry land sold to private companies in other countries has led to recreational access being curtailed. Economists have studied the proposal in Ireland and concluded that what the Govt are proposing will cost the country money. A large list of outdoor organisations are completely against the proposal:<ul><li>Mountaineering Ireland</li><li>Birdwatch Ireland</li><li>CELT</li><li>Just Forests</li><li>Irish Mountain Running Association</li><li>Irish Orienteering Association</li><li>Irish Wildlife Trust</li><li>Irish Natural Forestry Foundation</li><li>National Association of Regional Game Councils</li><li>An Oige</li><li>An Taisce</li><li>VOICE</li><li>Zero Waste Alliance Ireland</li></ul></p>
    <p>Al Jazeera reported yesterday that the move would make Ireland the only country in the developed world without a publicly owned forest.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>They can't all be wrong.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>There's a big thread on it in A/R - <a href="http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056146104" target="_blank">http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056146104</a>
    </p>
    <p> </p>

:confused:

Hey, at least I can do the smilies now!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,244 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Time to ask the tech staff if they recognise what's going on here.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement