Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yamaha Virago 250

• 21-03-2013 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I've got my category A drivers licence scheduled shortly. I have a Yamaha virago 250. Any idea how to find out the power to weight ratio? Not shown on the log book. Will I have any problems at the test centre?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

This was posted recently on GlobalMotorbikes by an active MAG member which could affect you and your test:

http://www.globalmotorbikes.com/forums/showthread.php?20661-Heads-up-for-anyone-doing-the-test-this-year
    Sorry in advance, this is boring ****e, but the MAG office has had a lot of calls from people who have been turned away from sitting their test so wanted to get the word out to all the learner permit holders on here, OK?

Here it is: Just because your learner permit covers you to ride your bike, it DOES NOT NECESSARILY mean you can use your own bike for the test.

Why? Because the rules for the bike you are allowed to use for the test (called a "representative vehicle") are MUCH tighter than the license categories.

Example 1: You have an A2 learner permit, and a CBR250. You do your IBT, you turn up for your test on the 250 and are refused because the bike used for the A2 test has to be at least 395cc.
    Example 2: You have an A learner permit and a GS500. You tun up to sit the A test but are refused because the bike used for the A test has to be at least 595cc.

You appeal, and you are told "tough luck, you should have read the rules".

Guess what? In November 2013 the rules for "representative vehicle" are changing again. I'll be writing this up for the MAG web site in the next week or so, but in the meantime if it saves someone on here wasting the 80-odd Euro test fee then that's a result as far as I'm concerned.

See also: http://www.magireland.org/a2-license-facts/

carsQhere is an active member here, PM him and he might give you more detail

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

In case you still need it:

XV250/S
    Output 15.5kw 8000rpm
    Kerb weight 147kg

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Gavin1066

Hey, just wondering how you test went.. as I find myself in the same predicament?

Advertisement