Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adventure Race Licence Info

Options
  • 21-03-2013 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

Does anyone have any information on what is required to run an adventure race similar to Run a Muck in terms of permits/licences etc.

I'm not sure what organisation such a race would be affiliated with or if needs to be, Triathlon Ireland, AAI?

The fundraising event is been discussed by our rugby club. Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

doshannon wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anyone have any information on what is required to run an adventure race similar to Run a Muck in terms of permits/licences etc.

I'm not sure what organisation such a race would be affiliated with or if needs to be, Triathlon Ireland, AAI?

The fundraising event is been discussed by our rugby club. Any help appreciated.

Run a Muck is a funrun challenge, not an adventure race. IMO its perfect as a model for sports club fundraising- I'd far prefer to see sports clubs raising funds through these "have-a-go" events than competing with proper Tri's, Duo's, or Runs.

The big issue will be insurance- which you can probably put under your own club insurance, so no need to involve TI at all, or any other affiliated body. No permits/licences required, go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 doshannon

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    Run a Muck is a funrun challenge, not an adventure race. IMO its perfect as a model for sports club fundraising- I'd far prefer to see sports clubs raising funds through these "have-a-go" events than competing with proper Tri's, Duo's, or Runs.

The big issue will be insurance- which you can probably put under your own club insurance, so no need to involve TI at all, or any other affiliated body. No permits/licences required, go for it.

Thanks for the input, my thoughts exactly.

Advertisement