Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet while on the road

• 21-03-2013 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I know this isn't exactly motorhome related, but you guys are probably the best to ask.
    I'll be driving around France & Germany this summer and will need to be on the web on a reasonably regular basis. I'll need it to check stuff while on the laptop doing college work, so McDonalds wifi isn't an option, it needs to be an option I can use when parked up for the night. We use Aires and municipal sites mostly, not places that offer wifi. I assume it will be crazy expensive to use my phone, so I'm looking for an alternative.
    Has anyone bought a USB broadband dongle from a French Service provider for use while abroad? What kind of charges are you taking about?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73 ✭✭AutostratusEB

kelbal wrote: »
    Hi guys, I know this isn't exactly motorhome related, but you guys are probably the best to ask.
    I'll be driving around France & Germany this summer and will need to be on the web on a reasonably regular basis. I'll need it to check stuff while on the laptop doing college work, so McDonalds wifi isn't an option, it needs to be an option I can use when parked up for the night. We use Aires and municipal sites mostly, not places that offer wifi. I assume it will be crazy expensive to use my phone, so I'm looking for an alternative.
    Has anyone bought a USB broadband dongle from a French Service provider for use while abroad? What kind of charges are you taking about?

thanks

Have a look at this thread here http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056590025?page=1#post_77829887

Might help you for France and I'd imagine Germany would be similar. Also google Europe by Camper - they've sorted out piggy backing on free wifi networks using antennae and boosters

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭kelbal

Have a look at this thread here http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056590025?page=1#post_77829887

Might help you for France and I'd imagine Germany would be similar. Also google Europe by Camper - they've sorted out piggy backing on free wifi networks using antennae and boosters

thanks Autostratus, will check that out

Advertisement