Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cinema Outing - Private Hire (New poll for dates)

Options
  • 18-03-2013 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭

Thought I would see if there was any interest in a cinema outing. I mentioned it briefly in the cinema thread a while back but wanted have a poll to see how many would be potentially up for it.

Basically we can hire a private screen at Exhibit in Balham . It's £75 per hour and can seat up to 24 people. If we get a full 24 people then its extremely good value at only £6.25 per head for a 2 hour movie. We bring our own blu-ray or dvd (I'd reccomend blu-ray only for quality reasons though). It seems a very nice cinema with leather seats, THX sound etc.

They also do packages which can be found here. On a Friday or Saturday for £20 a head and a minimum of 18 people we can have the screen for 2 hours and get a burger, fries and a drink (wine or beer). Pretty good value imo.

The Bar downstairs is pretty good also and is usually very busy at the weekends. Plenty of of bars on the doorstep in Balham or Clapham if people wanted to go to drinking afterwards. Balham is on the Northern line so its only 25 mins by tube to Soho or Old Street/Angel if people preferred to go our more centrally.

If there is sufficient interest we can have a poll to decide on a date and a movie.

Which days suit you for the cinema outing? 24 votes

Saturday 6th April
    0%
    Saturday 13th April
    29%
    ScarinaeFyshPlayboyMisticlesJack B. Badd83stesilvervixen84 7 votes
    Saturday 20th April
    29%
    VokesScarinaeFyshPlayboyjonnyfingersJack B. BaddS.M.B. 7 votes
    Saturday 27th April
    41%
    VokesbiZrbblondie83PlayboyMisticlesJack B. BaddS.M.B.silvervixen84Choccie LoverZippy1991 10 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Saturday 27th April
    I did have an April date in mind but we need substantially more interest unfortunately to make this worth while.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

Saturday 13th April
    To be honest, we barely have 18 regular posters in this forum overall, so I doubt it'll happen.

Saturday 27th April
    serrity wrote: »
    To be honest, we barely have 18 regular posters in this forum overall, so I doubt it'll happen.

Yeah true.. although there has a been a few good turn outs for the beers.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Saturday 27th April
    If 12 regulars brought 1 person then we have the quota. There would have to be no drop-outs though or the price immediately goes up pp and makes it less appealing.

How about throwing up the poll and locking in a potential date first?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Saturday 20th April
    The only sane way for this to work is for people who're definitely in to pay up front. Otherwise there'll be a load of silliness going on with people wanting to put themselves down as "maybes", and I can see people feeling less happy at paying eg £15 than they would be paying ~£7.

I'd say you'll need to fix a date first, then we can get a count of people who're in. Getting regulars to bring friends along would be a good way of bumping up the numbers alright, especially if we make a social occasion of it and go for food/drinks afterwards.

• Advertisement

Saturday 27th April
    The +1 is an excellent idea. If people would like to bring someone then they have to indicate it here and it would be fairly straightforward to do the math.

In terms of a date... how about Saturday 13th April? To be honest any Weekend in April suits me and it might be best to add a poll to see which Saturday in April attracts the most preferences.

I'm happy to put the money down and collect from people on the night or we can get people to do a transfer prior to the event to ensure we dont get any no-shows which makes it more expensive for others.

Can I edit the poll on this page or shall we throw up a new one?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Saturday 20th April
    Right, new thread and poll created for dates in April. The poll is multiple choice so people can choose every date that suits them and we can go for the one that best fits.

Saturday 27th April
    Cheers Fysh.

Guys please state if you are bringing someone along.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Choccie Lover

Saturday 27th April
    Sounds like a fun idea :D

I can't do either of the first two Saturdays in April though, so I'm pushing for the end of the month!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Saturday 27th April
    Hey, this sounds like a fantastic idea. The 20gbp/18person thing sounds pretty good too. Am available those middle 2 Saturdays for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

Saturday 27th April
    I'm up for this. I won't know if I can bring some people with me until the date is confirmed.

Saturday 27th April
    If people can do more than one date please tick all the relevant dates. I'm going to call tomorrow to see if I can swing an even better deal and see if all the dates are actually available

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Choccie Lover

Saturday 27th April
    Hey, it looks like I wouldn't be able to do the 20th but can't seem to change my poll vote. Just letting you guys know.

Saturday 27th April
    Unfortunately we won't able to do it unless there is more interest anyway or it will be too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Zippy1991

Saturday 27th April
    I'll bring someone but ONLY if we can watch Back to the Future II

Hoverboards :eek:

Just kiding. I'd be up for it last two weekends in April though. Hopefully have someone along with me too but wouldn't know till a bit closer to the time.

How would we decide the film though???

Saturday 27th April
    Zippy1991 wrote: »
    I'll bring someone but ONLY if we can watch Back to the Future II

Hoverboards :eek:

Just kiding. I'd be up for it last two weekends in April though. Hopefully have someone along with me too but wouldn't know till a bit closer to the time.

How would we decide the film though???

We could do a poll based on what blu-rays people own?

Advertisement