Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biffy Clyro

Options
  • 21-03-2013 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Anyone heading to this gig in the o2 next Thursday 28th March? What time will the support act be playing at? All it says on the ticket is doors at 6.30

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

These things are never an exact science, but probably support at 7:45 or 8:00, Biffy onstage at 9:00.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭anoda_username

Thanks delbertgrady

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

If support is City & Colour, they are well worth checking out

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭weekaizer

I am going:D can't wait! 28 songs, all of which will be epic!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

I'm guessing the onstages might be slightly earlier than that, if reports from the GB arenas are any indication.

Support is indeed City and Colour. Seemingly just playing an eight-song set, which surprised me somewhat as they're the only support.

Biffy are playing a 26-song set (unless they suddenly decide to go off-book with the encore or some such, which isn't really like them), so if chucking-oot time is 11pm-ish, they'll have to get cracking pretty promptly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

BUmmer. City and COlour do have some good stuff. (imo). 8 songs is a bummer, but maybe he/they might come back later this year to do their own gig. I'd imagine the support slot was good for them to get to build profile in the UK....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Back from the O2 gig, just about in one piece. I was a little disappointed in C&C: I thought their (his) set could have done with a bit more light and shade. Much longer might, frankly, have been pushing the "polite listening" that Biffy supports seem to get. (Still trying to get my head around that: when I went to gigs in my formative years, blatant barracking seemed to be the norm, and at points one would worry for them getting offstage in one piece.) I'm most familiar with Dallas's first solo album, which is a bit more musically spare and emotionally overwrought than the next two albums, which seem to be going off in a more alt-country/downbeat easy listening type of direction, which, at least at this point, I'm not enjoying as much. I think all last night's set were all from those, with one new song. I think they dropped the Alexisonfire cover they were putting in on earlier dates for that one, though don't ask me to swear to that. I think something of a change-of-pace might have been the better idea, but who knows, wasn't at those, so not in a position to say.

Still, it was a pleasant set, I really like his voice, and compared to freeing our asses off outside, it was quite the delight!

Advertisement