Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinaman Oranmore gone for good?

Options
  • 21-03-2013 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭

Spotted a lot of activity outside the Chinaman in Oranmore the other day. Looks like it has closed up after only reopening a short while back.

Apart from the Thatch, that side of the street is getting very derelict now with a lot of empty buildings.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

It has opened and closed numerous times in the last couple of years; and rumours would have it down to serious health reasons. Whether that's hearsay or not, I don't know.

I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for that place, as for a time, they completely owned the monopoly of Chinese takeaway in the village.

I think that whole section of Oranmore is pretty bad, with all the empty buildings and shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭yer man!

They had the best chinese in Oran... :-(

T'was there that I first began my long lasting love affair with the 3-in-1. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

The papers early this year had them shut on health reasons, the notice on the door was a 'broken cooker', they reopened but looks like they're gone now. The occupants packed the cars and left (I'm not a stalker, they're across the road from me).

Pity, never heard any bad things said about the place.

I heard quite a few things (sensationalist or otherwise) said about the place over the years, but never had any problems with it myself.

I was such a frequent customer for a few years, that I was on first name basis with the owners. :pac: I would ring them up before leaving work in the Vision, literally say 'Can I place an order for collection?', and they'd say 'okay. See you in a few minutes.' No name, no need to even tell them my order. Good times!

• Advertisement

Mmmmmmmmm, they used to have the most delicious chicken wings with sweet chilli sauce, I had an addiction at one stage....

Advertisement