Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone wifi

• 21-03-2013 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

I'm not able to turn wifi on on my iPhone 4S. The button is there but it is grayed out. Does anyone know why this is? Phone is on 3 network.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Common problem and there's loads of threads here already. Search for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭kaisersoze

Hi HungryFish.

I've read two ways of fixing this
    First Option
    1. Back up phone

2. Settings > Reset > Erase all content and Settings. Press Yes

3. Restore from back up.

Second Option (I'm not recommending)
    1. Put in a freezer.
    Apparently if you search youtube you will see some div has done this. I'll leave it up to you to see which one :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Have you rebooted the iPhone via hard reset ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Just on the freezer thing; it actually works!!!

Althought the wifi greeting out is a result normally of the phone over heating. Is your battery dying fast too.

The freezer stops the over heating and allows the wifi re appear but as soon as it starts over heating again= poof.

I know more people who never fix this than actually fix it. If you're under warranty then pick up the phone to apple. They'll replace the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

Had the same problem with a 4S ,Apple replaced it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

This is not an unknown thing to happen (both directions) and acquaintances have dealt with it through rebooting on a number of occasions.

Advertisement