Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Last Years results... organics... tipe for the coming year??

• 21-03-2013 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

I'm posting 2 different threads, hope thats okay btw :)

Ok so Last year my father and I got some good results, we did well for spuds (still got enough to see us until around May or so) ; although saying that we lost a good share because of the bad weather/year,

Cabbages werent too bad, although i never covered them with netting so those catipillars took a good share so this year I must cover them with nettting?? .

Onions did very well also as did lettuce.

Brocolli failed as my dad mistook them for "weeds"

Turnips did very well, still have a good share left from last year, dad said we can "bury" them in a pit and we can use them as we need them? because where they are groing atm on a 1/3 acre plot, we'll need the land this year for growing veg, coming to that, I plan omn growing all sorts this year, is it too late to fertilize it :s It was done with cowmanure/straw 2 years ago. I have seedling on windowsills growing welll but they wont be ready to be planted out for about a month so that goves me 4 weeks to improve soil some bit??

I also have strawberry plants which i bought at the end of last season for 1€ each, they've survived the winter and i have done anything with them yet??
    They are set in a sheltered spot.

attatched is a photo of last years turnipyummmmmmmmmgg_zps562d2296.jpgs/ some produce :)
    lolohih_zpsb0930f76.jpg

Advertisement