Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Sign of Google Pin - What To Do?

Options
  • 21-03-2013 2:08pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 388 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I requested a Google Places/Local pin from Google over a month ago, to verify a business listing for a client, and no sign. They say 2-3 weeks, but it has been much longer than that at this stage.

Any ideas, have you experienced similar delays? I guess I could try contacting Support but wanted to check with others here first.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,945 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Haven't had that delay.

Send a test-letter thru the mail to make sure that An Post really do deliver to the address you've used, then request another one?

Even if 99.9% of letters are delivered, that still leaves scope for some to go missing every day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 388 ✭✭Atomico

Haven't had that delay.

Send a test-letter thru the mail to make sure that An Post really do deliver to the address you've used, then request another one?

Even if 99.9% of letters are delivered, that still leaves scope for some to go missing every day.

Thanks for the reply. The address used is that of a medium sized established business, so that couldn't be the issue really - I should think they receive post every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Use the mobile or phone option?

Use the mobile or phone option?

Hmm, hadn't spotted that option, I will check on that. Presume you can do that from within the Google account?

Atomico wrote: »
    Hmm, hadn't spotted that option, I will check on that. Presume you can do that from within the Google account?

Yep. It's an automated system that calls out the PIN, so have a pen handy.

https://support.google.com/places/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=75569

• Advertisement

Yep. It's an automated system that calls out the PIN, so have a pen handy.

https://support.google.com/places/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=75569

Hey Kenny,

I have gone through the steps in the account, and it is still only giving me the 'send postcard' option, even though at that link it says that SMS is available outside the US....any ideas?

Hey Kenny,

I have gone through the steps in the account, and it is still only giving me the 'send postcard' option, even though at that link it says that SMS is available outside the US....any ideas?

Do you have a mobile number entered on the listing? The landline option should work too...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Antoniet25

Also, check if your have provided proper address or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

You can contact them through Places for business help centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

We are still waiting and requested it more then 5 times over the period of 8-9 months and gave up in the end....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭nuttlys

Hey guys,

I requested a Google Places/Local pin from Google over a month ago, to verify a business listing for a client, and no sign. They say 2-3 weeks, but it has been much longer than that at this stage.

Any ideas, have you experienced similar delays? I guess I could try contacting Support but wanted to check with others here first.

I had a similar experience. I was trying to add keywords though (eg "Joe Bloggs - Doctor Dublin 5, Artane, Dublin 5", even though 'Doctor Dublin 5' might have been the domain name), if you've added any SEO keywords on top or in the address that aren't actually necessary for post, remove. Worked for me then. They must have a screening process.

Advertisement