Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book clubs

Options
  • 21-03-2013 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know of any book clubs in Dublin 15?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

No, but there is talk of starting one up in Mulhuddart Community Centre... there doesn't seem to be much interest though... PM me if you're interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I think that Blanchardstown Library has two.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

My wife found it easier to just start her own - just round up a load of your mates, meet in someones house once a month and discuss the book, eat nice grub, drink some tea/beer and decide on your next book & meetup location.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Gaspode wrote: »
    My wife found it easier to just start her own - just round up a load of your mates, meet in someones house once a month and discuss the book, eat nice grub, drink some tea/beer and decide on your next book & meetup location.

I don't know anyone in the area, I'm a blow in :)

daymobrew wrote: »
    I think that Blanchardstown Library has two.

They aren't taking new members at the moment which is a shame but tbh their book choices are very highbrow ( they have a list of them online ). I'm kinda looking for stuff that's a good mix of everything really if possible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

eviltwin wrote: »

*waves* im a neighbour

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

eviltwin wrote: »

Sorry, :o didn't get that from your post!

January wrote: »
    *waves* im a neighbour

*waves back* hidely ho nighbourino :D
    Gaspode wrote: »
    Sorry, :o didn't get that from your post!

Actually I've been here 10 years :o but my kids don't go to any local schools and I've always been out most of the day working so I've never really taken the time to do anything around the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭gabsdot40

They used to have one in Huntstown commmunity centre. I haven't been up there since about last October but there used to be a sign on the notice board.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭bluebell27

Did you have any luck finding a book club? I'd be interested in joining one in Dublin 15.

• Advertisement
Advertisement