Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Experience Index

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

joetoad wrote: »
    your core speed is only running at 1196 at a multiplier of 9. You need to up the multiplier in the bios to 20.0 or 20.5 or set it back to default

I only spotted the screen shot now (edit). Yes, the processor is indeed running at max efficiency (9x / 1200 MHz).

Now, the DELL BIOS doesn't allow tampering with the clock speed or multipliers (21x = default). Look for Intel SpeedStep Technology and make sure it is set to Enabled. I believe it's under Performance Settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭wild_eyed

Just to clarify.

I have gone into the bios and found the Intel Speedstep toggle and it was already set to "enabled".

I left it at enabled and reboot.
    And just in case i ran geekbench once more and recived a score of

I then restarted and reentered the biosu and disabled Intel Speedstep and received a geekbench score of

So thats a big difference from earlier. Nothing else running on machine.

I Think its haunted

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Enter the BIOS and press F9 then F10 and rerun the WEI.

wild_eyed wrote: »
    I left it at enabled and reboot.
    And just in case i ran geekbench once more and recived a score of

I then restarted and reentered the biosu and disabled Intel Speedstep and received a geekbench score of

That's a rather marginal difference, probably to be blamed on some background program or process. More important is that your processor is still running throttled to the minimum (x9) while it should be on x21. Check with CPU-Z.

Go to the Dell Support website and install the chipset drivers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭wild_eyed

hi again, i was fairly frustrated with machine and felt that it was overpriced and i returned it first thing this morning for a full refund.

i will spend the money on parts for a new build.

thanks to everyone for helping me out yesterday!!

good people!

Advertisement