Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice Kilkenny restaurant with infant?

Options
  • 21-03-2013 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭

Going to Kilkenny on a midweek break next week with wife and 9 week old son.Can anyone recommend a nice,good value restaurant/pub restaurant?Don't want anything too stuffy and pretentious,just decent grub.Either lunch or dinner.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Langtons in John St is reasonable, good food and from anyone I know its family friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

toby2111 wrote: »
    Going to Kilkenny on a midweek break next week with wife and 9 week old son.Can anyone recommend a nice,good value restaurant/pub restaurant?Don't want anything too stuffy and pretentious,just decent grub.Either lunch or dinner.

I would recommend il primo. It's an Italian restaurant on the outskirts of the city. Great food and very reasonable to boot....

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

+1 for Langtons. Also La Revista on Parliament St is family friendly and offers good food.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭phkk

Another shout for Langtons, good room, good food and not pretentious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Primos out in loughboy is really nice the food is lovely and they are kid friendly,

http://www.kilkennycityonline.com/business-listings-d.asp?P_ID=250&sC_ID=7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Glenalla

toby2111 wrote: »

+1 for La Rivista, take kids there regularly and the staff are great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

S28382 wrote: »
    Primos out in loughboy is really nice the food is lovely and they are kid friendly,

http://www.kilkennycityonline.com/business-listings-d.asp?P_ID=250&sC_ID=7

Myself and a pal picked up take-out Pizza shortly after Primo opened. It's owned by the same folks who operate the very decent Mario's chipper.

We were both taken aback by how staggeringly poor it was - the prosciutto on the Pizza was uncooked and the rest undercooked, and bizarrely enough for an Italian restaurant, garlic bread consisted of a batch sliced pan with melted cheese on top. Perhaps it was early teething problems but I'm in no hurry to test that theory tbh.

As for the OP's question, lunch in the Ormonde Hotel can be good & La Rivista for dinner in a non-stuffy atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

We were in Kilkenny yesterday , and had a nice lunch in KC Cafe in Market Cross Shopping Centre .

Very spacious , lots of kids around , and ideal if you want a break from shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

Yamanoto wrote: »

Myself and a pal picked up take-out Pizza shortly after Primo opened. It's owned by the same folks who operate the very decent Mario's chipper.

We were both taken aback by how staggeringly poor it was - the prosciutto on the Pizza was uncooked and the rest undercooked, and bizarrely enough for an Italian restaurant, garlic bread consisted of a batch sliced pan with melted cheese on top. Perhaps it was early teething problems but I'm in no hurry to test that theory tbh.

As for the OP's question, lunch in the Ormonde Hotel can be good & La Rivista for dinner in a non-stuffy atmosphere.
    Must have been teething problems as Primo has always been nice when we've been there. Was jammers last weekend after the parade.

The Ormond is very family friendly and has nice baby changing facilities

• Registered Users Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

was in primo shortly after it opened, was unimpressed, haven't been back, but after reading this thread I think i'll give it another go. Michael Dore on high street does nice food, marble city bar is quite good too (high street), quigleys up in macdonagh does some very tasty rolls, ciabattas, soup, desserts, tea, coffee.

• Advertisement
Advertisement