Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog obedience training Dublin

Options
  • 21-03-2013 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Hi

I just got a rescue red setter last week. She is about 9 months and full of life. I live in the city and I'd like to go to dog obedience training classes for loose lead walking and recall etc. Can anyone recommend a training class?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭650Ginge

Monsclara wrote: »
    Hi

I just got a rescue red setter last week. She is about 9 months and full of life. I live in the city and I'd like to go to dog obedience training classes for loose lead walking and recall etc. Can anyone recommend a training class?
    Thanks

Well done you for rescuing a red setter...

We have two, latest on only four weeks . If you haven't had one before prepare yourself for a lot of walking, ideally of lead once you are sure that they will come back.

Sorry cant help with the classes but try ringing dogs trust, they might recommend some place.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Monsclara

650Ginge wrote: »
    Well done you for rescuing a red setter...

We have two, latest on only four weeks . If you haven't had one before prepare yourself for a lot of walking, ideally of lead once you are sure that they will come back.

Sorry cant help with the classes but try ringing dogs trust, they might recommend some place.

WE had them on the farm where I was brought up. Needless to say, leading training and recall were not an issue in the country. Ye, she has already let me know about the walking and she get 1.5 to 2 hours a day. I'm keeping her on a lead til she settles. Do you ever take yours to the beach and if so, how do they like it?

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭650Ginge

They love the beach. It is setter heaven a big open space. Good place to teach recall too.

Pity no one is coming back any dog training classes I won't like to give them a go to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

There are a load of different threads on this topic - here is the last one http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056800679

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Monsclara

There are a load of different threads on this topic - here is the last one http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056800679

Cloghran it it for me next Tuesday. Thanks:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement