Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bid In - Not Sure

Options
  • 21-03-2013 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

I've been house hunting now for 3/4yrs, went to view house asking €280, 4 bed with garage with decent sunny back garden.

It's close to all town/village but on main road and in need of some modernisation. OH likes it and want to go for it, I phoned to but a bid in of €230/240ish in but was suprised to hear a bid was in for €270 when i asked if a bid was already in. I really didn't want to buy over €250 mark but we're a bit fussy over our house styles.

I phoned this morning at offered €272, haven't heard back from them since but i'm unsure about it now. What should I do without pissing oh off? I'd prefer a house in estate so kids can play safely not worring about the main road.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,943 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I've been house hunting now for 3/4yrs, went to view house asking €280, 4 bed with garage with decent sunny back garden.

It's close to all town/village but on main road and in need of some modernisation. OH likes it and want to go for it, I phoned to but a bid in of €230/240ish in but was suprised to hear a bid was in for €270 when i asked if a bid was already in. I really didn't want to buy over €250 mark but we're a bit fussy over our house styles.

I phoned this morning at offered €272, haven't heard back from them since but i'm unsure about it now. What should I do without pissing oh off? I'd prefer a house in estate so kids can play safely not worring about the main road.

Em... Talk to your other half. An internet forum is not going to assist you there im afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

ring them back to tell them you want to remove your previous offer, and make a new one of €250k, with a time limit of 7 days. if you've set that as a limit, then stick to it. there is no short supply of property.

unless the property is significantly undervalued, the 270k is likely to be a phantom bid, as would any "bids" above your 272k.

Advertisement