Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Licenced Refused

Options
  • 21-03-2013 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭

anyone ever refused a licence for hmr?if so for what reason.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

What reason was given for the refusal ? Only one's i can think of is you don't have a genuine need for it or your land permissions are unsuitable.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

You own a .22lr already?

They may believe a .17hmr is "surplus to requirements". If it is yourself you have three options;
    1. Appeal the decision.
    2. Sell the .22 and sub to the .7hmr.
    3. Keep the .22 and go for a larger caliber that would put it so far from the .22 that the two could not be classed as the same.

As said, did you get the refusal in writing?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭marcp

I got refused years ago and it was just a phone call from the local guard. Told me to apply in 6 months and 6 months later no problem. Now 6 guns and 0000's later I wish maybe I never got accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

marcp wrote: »
    I got refused years ago and it was just a phone call from the local guard. Told me to apply in 6 months and 6 months later no problem. Now 6 guns and 0000's later I wish maybe I never got accepted.

Why ??

jeni wrote: »

Why ??

In a row when I was younger. Bit stupid really. Didn't bother appealing it or anything. Just met the super when the 6 months were up quick chat and no problem getting any caliber.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

marcp wrote: »

In a row when I was younger. Bit stupid really. Didn't bother appealing it or anything. Just met the super when the 6 months were up quick chat and no problem getting any caliber.
    Dont think thats the answer he was after!

aaakev wrote: »
    Dont think thats the answer he was after!

Sorry it's the bit about the reply in writing I was referring to. I just got a phone call. No letter. That's all

jeni wrote: »
    Why ??
    I believe the poster is making a joke that if he had not been granted he would have not spent thousands on firearms over the years.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sniperman

hi lads thanks for replies.i have not been refused,i just want to know if any one else has,i guess im a bit impatient.

Yes, yes you are. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

Your mad

Advertisement