Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

abandoned vw van

• 21-03-2013 6:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭

I know of an old vw van abandoned by a foreigner who returned to his country a couple years ago according to his landlord. I dont know the model but it is at least 30 years old and it is same type you would see converted to a camper. The gardai say they are unable to trace the owner. It hasn't been touched since he left. Can it be re registered ? Would it be of any value?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

It'll be worth f*ck all.

Where is it? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭bbsrs

strandsman wrote: »
    I know of an old vw van abandoned by a foreigner who returned to his country a couple years ago according to his landlord. I dont know the model but it is at least 30 years old and it is same type you would see converted to a camper. The gardai say they are unable to trace the owner. It hasn't been touched since he left. Can it be re registered ? Would it be of any value?

Value would depend on condition. Can it be re registered , nothing is impossible depending on how you go about it,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

It'll be worth f*ck all.

Where is it? :D

here's an idea Kenny. why don't you be a good citizen and remove what must be a hazzard....

• Registered Users Posts: 3 vwsuze

Value really depends on the condition. If it's been in their possession for that long it's possible to get a replacement log book, you can get a form from the tax office and you need to get it stamped by a commissioner for oaths.

but...on the off chance it happens to be in Kerry (near Milltown) it was promised to someone I know as payment for a job and they day we went to collect it we were told that the "owner" had left the country oweing the landlady money for electricity and the van wasn't moving! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭w124man

strandsman wrote: »

Condition is everything and if its a rustbucket simply walk away. Old VW vans are way over priced and the older they get the worse they become. Huge amounts of old VW vans get worked on by clowns well minded enthusiasts who dont really know what they are doing. I have seen quite a few expensive, lovely looking death traps over the years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

corktina wrote: »
    here's an idea Kenny. why don't you be a good citizen and remove what must be a hazzard....

Happy to help. :D

Advertisement