Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lost Sennheiser cx500's - Improved replacement

• 21-03-2013 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭

As per the title I lost my Sennheiser cx500 in-ear earphones yesterday, they were starting to fail anyways I think (sound was becoming quite distorted at max volume, more than would be considered usual anyways).

Looking for a replacement in the €50 (up to €60 with delivery region), has anyone any suggestions for a different brand/model?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

I recently got the brainwavz m5 and think they're pretty decent. http://www.mp4nation.net/headphones-amps/headphones-earphones-1/brainwavz/brainwavz-m5-iem-earphone-black

They're simple enough design which favours bass. It's got plenty of different tip types, hard carry case, cable clip and a rock solid 90 degree jack and decent strain reliefs near the ear piece. The strain reliefs are rubber sleeves which can come out of the housing but they're easy enough to push/twist back in. I wear them whilst I sleep and even when the sleeves have moved out they're still seem pretty well put together. The cable seems pretty solid too, though it tangles a little bit easily but nothing major. There's no microphonics from the cable when worm over the ear.

Isolation wise it's ok, the wide nozzle and no triple flange tips means that you're not going to get a deep insertion in your ear but it should be fine in relatively quiet areas. It's got comply foams and double flanges so they might provide that extra bit of isolation if you need it but I've not used them so can't say for certain.

I got them fast too, can't remember the exact number of days they took from ordering, but the fedex 2 day delivery was very quick considering it came from Asia.

Advertisement