Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Orals, how did you do?

Options
  • 21-03-2013 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

Did anyone else do their orals today? how did you do?

The examiner was controlling the entire conversation, the examiner didn't asl anything about myself, my school or friends. The whole thing was BS. The examiner was more focused on my hobbies which I wasn't really interested in. The entire conversation was about my hobby. As for my sraith pictuir i got the hardest and i skipped the second part of the picture, for the roleplay i asked 8 questions. I'm really disappointed in myself. I haven't received my result yet but if it's low that means the highest i can get for my JC is a C.

Also, will my JC results be on my record, like would universities i want to apply to be able to see my JC results?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

No, universities won't be able to see your JC results.

How did the rest of your class find it?
    I wouldn't write it off just yet - hang fast and see how you go in the results. People are terribly self-critical. You may not have done at all as badly as you think.

Whatever, don't dwell on it. Nothing you can do about it now and Easter holidays tomorrow!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭positivealf

spurious wrote: »
    No, universities won't be able to see your JC results.

How did the rest of your class find it?
    I wouldn't write it off just yet - hang fast and see how you go in the results. People are terribly self-critical. You may not have done at all as badly as you think.

Whatever, don't dwell on it. Nothing you can do about it now and Easter holidays tomorrow!!!

Haha turns out you were right, my teacher said that im definitely staying in Higher Level irish, i lost 12 marks but i didnt get my real results yet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

We get the results for our orals back?! yay! I thought it would just remain a mystery.. I did mine a few weeks ago and think it went okay. I didn't realize we were being recorded though until my examiner pressed the record button haha

• Registered Users Posts: 14 johnzer6889

I had mine as well, and I taught I done terrible! My sraith pictiur went good, my teacher made us learn everyone one of them of by heart and I say they were each 3/4 A4 page long! but everybody was saying that you could slighly see what one you could pick, I picked the hardest one I couldn't see them. My fograí went quite good to. However, my conversation went terrible, I felt she controlled it and I didnt, she asked really awkward questions. I was sickened, she didnt ask me about my family because I had so much prepared for that. She asked me about my village and I couldnt think of anything, so I went BS on about my town. The other class in my year had another examiner and they mainly got between 130-155. So I don't think I done really bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭positivealf

I had mine as well, and I taught I done terrible! My sraith pictiur went good, my teacher made us learn everyone one of them of by heart and I say they were each 3/4 A4 page long! but everybody was saying that you could slighly see what one you could pick, I picked the hardest one I couldn't see them. My fograí went quite good to. However, my conversation went terrible, I felt she controlled it and I didnt, she asked really awkward questions. I was sickened, she didnt ask me about my family because I had so much prepared for that. She asked me about my village and I couldnt think of anything, so I went BS on about my town. The other class in my year had another examiner and they mainly got between 130-155. So I don't think I done really bad!

You're totally right! The examiner completely controlled the conversation, i too really wanted her to ask about my family and whenever i was about to move on to a new topic she asked me a question like "who is your favourite basketball player?". This happened with many other classmates too, I believe that this was done on purpose to see how good our conversation skills were seeing as the examiners probably knew we memorised everything before taking the test so they took us off guard. However, that's just my theory :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 johnzer6889

You're totally right! The examiner completely controlled the conversation, i too really wanted her to ask about my family and whenever i was about to move on to a new topic she asked me a question like "who is your favourite basketball player?". This happened with many other classmates too, I believe that this was done on purpose to see how good our conversation skills were seeing as the examiners probably knew we memorised everything before taking the test so they took us off guard. However, that's just my theory :)

Ye, I taught we were supposed to control the conversation, thats what my teacher said, so I was pretty sickened when she asked these really odd questions! :)

Advertisement