Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aldi doogfood

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

ISDW wrote: »
    Raw egg whites contain avidin, which can bind with biotin (Vit B7) - i.e. impair the absorption of it.

Ah, now I have you.

I never feed raw eggs to my crew, anyhoo. It's not that I'm worried about bugs. I'm just squeamish about raw eggs!

If your vet has said not to feed the yolk it's with very good reason. The yolk is nutritionally different to the white and dogs with liver disease need a very specific diet. I know dogs with kidney disease should only have a certain amount of yolk as it has more phosphorus in it than the egg white.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

paultf wrote: »
    I don't know much about this area but one of Burns moist foods has whole eggs in it:-

www.burnspet.co.uk/products/burns-for-dogs/penlan-farm-range-egg-brown-rice-vegetables-moist-dog-food.html

Ingredients:
    Free Range Egg (Min 20%), Organic Brown Rice (Min 20%), Seasonal Vegetables (Min 20%), Minerals & Vitamins

Also they suggest if your dog has digestive problems that you can use cooked egg instead of chicken with rice:-
    www.burnspet.co.uk/petcare/burns-pet-nutrition-advice/digestive-problems.html

That doesn't actually say it has the whole egg in it, I don't know if it does or it doesn't, I imagine that saying egg could mean the whole thing, or part of it? Interesting that they don't specify what minerals and vitamins are in there. I wonder why they put veggies in it?

I suppose for fibre and for the additional micronutrients, ISDW, although it also cuts down on the amount of egg required, which is more expensive than the veggies! AFAIK Burns keep their own free-range hens for egg production, which is cool.

ETA Was just reading my favourite dog diet website, www.dogaware.com and came across this:

"Eggs: Feed eggs raw or cooked, such as lightly scrambled, soft- or hard-boiled. Whole raw eggs are fine, as the yolks contain plenty of biotin to make up for what the raw egg whites destroy, but the whites are more easily digested when cooked."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Who advised that? If it was your vet, I would obviously listen to them, if it was one of us keyboard warriors, I'd do further research.

My vet would have him on nothing but RC hepatic - which he hates and refuses to eat unless I mix something with it!

Jean Dodds, who I contacted, said he needs protein (esp as he is still only a pup and growing) as he does not have a liver disease he has a liver shunt but only in small amounts and the lower the purine the better - eggs are low in purine.

I can't remember where I read about the egg yolk tbh - and that may have been in relation to liver disease. :o

I must admit - once a week I scramble a whole egg and mix it with rice and poached white fish and share it between the 3 dogs and they mangle it (kedgeree for dogs).

Mostly he has the RC hepatic mixed with cooked spuds and veg (blended together) with a tiny bit of chicken or white fish and either home made light chicken stock or the liquor from the poached fish to moisten it - he won't eat it if it's too dry.

My vet (who as I said thinks he is only on RC hepatic) said keep doing what I am doing as he has tripled in size since we got him in Dec - not fat, growth - and is a bright eyed, glossy coated, bundle of energy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

That doesn't actually say it has the whole egg in it, I don't know if it does or it doesn't, I imagine that saying egg could mean the whole thing, or part of it? Interesting that they don't specify what minerals and vitamins are in there. I wonder why they put veggies in it?

I found the mineral, vitamin, etc information on Zooplus:
    http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/dogs/wet_dog_food/burns_wet/burns_pouches/198514

Egg, Brown Rice & Vegetables: Free range egg (min 20%), organic brown rice (min 20%), seasonal vegetables (min 20%), vitamins and minerals.
    Protein 5.70%, fat 3.3%, fibre 1.1%, moisture 69.4%, ash 0.7%, vitamin A 5000 IU/kg, vitamin D3 500 IU/kg, vitamin E 36 IU/kg, copper 8mg/kg.
    Additives:
    Vitamin A (5,000 IU/kg), vitamin D3 (500 IU/kg), vitamin E (36 IE/kg), copper (8 mg/kg).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,315 ✭✭✭Reventon93

I find the comments quite surprising.
    Both my dogs have always eaten aldi/lidl brand dog food. And it's never done them any harm. Anytime they've been to the vets, they've been complemeted. However, one of the vets said to my dad one time, time that he wouldnt touch the stuff, after he had said that my Sammy was in perfect health and condition. I think that as long as your
    dog will eat it, why not.

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    My vet would have him on nothing but RC hepatic - which he hates and refuses to eat unless I mix something with it!

Read here, Bannasidhe. :)

http://www.dogaware.com/health/liver.html#shunts

I understand your vet's reluctance to feed anything other than a hepatic diet, because the dietary needs of a dog with liver issues can be complex, depending on the cause of illness. Mary Strauss, to whom I've linked, is a legend. 100% trustworthy and reliable source of dietary advice for dogs with hepatic/renal/pancreatic issues. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

Reventon93 wrote: »
    I think that as long as your

Your dog would eat chicken nuggets and crisps and biscuits too, so why not?

Because its not healthy that's why. Your dogs must be lucky but I'd love to do a full blood profile on them too see what deficiencies they have.

A dog is a carnivore and needs a high percentage of meat in it's diet to be healthy. He'd be lucky if the cow walked across the aldi/lidl food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

Both my dogs have always eaten aldi/lidl brand dog food. And it's never done them any harm. Anytime they've been to the vets, they've been complemeted. However, one of the vets said to my dad one time, time that he wouldnt touch the stuff, after he had said that my Sammy was in perfect health and condition. I think that as long as your

The only thing that might be surprising is what is actually in these pet foods, and the long term effects it has feeding your dog the equivalent to a human mcdonalds every day... smelly breath, bad gums, bad teeth , bad bones, bad joints, painful old age, and potentially slow death.

People might think it is expensive but raw feeding is the only option for my own dogs....

One of my dogs would eat sh9t on a stick... doesnt mean i would feed him it,,, however it would probably be bettter for him than aldi food long term.... if you are in financial difficuties op, my advise would be to by one expensive brand and one cheap, and mix. Just feeding that smuck in aldi or lidl i dont think, personally to be good in long term and may work out a false economy in the future ..hths

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

I got a bag of dried food (11 euro for 15kg) in my local cash and carry, no cereal content - it's not brand labelled, but has on it that it is for breeding and working dogs. Shadow is neither, but as he's a large collie cross, it more than does the trick.

I got it one week to try, as some people know he was on Lidls finest ( :rolleyes: ) while he lived with my mother. I bought the bag at the start of November, and I'm just finishing the dregs off now. He is doing much better - his weight has stabilized, he has more energy, and his coat smells like vanilla for some reason :P

Maybe look for a cash and carry for animal feed and see if they have something like this? Simply look up the ingredients list of all these expensive brands and compare it to the ingredients on the bag you want to buy ;)

• Advertisement

Something in the aldi and lidl dog food's favour though is that they are made in Germany I believe, and I understand that the standards in Germany for pet food manufacture are higher than those here, I think the meat has to be human grade.
    dharma200 wrote: »
    The only thing that might be surprising is what is actually in these pet foods, and the long term effects it has feeding your dog the equivalent to a human mcdonalds every day... smelly breath, bad gums, bad teeth , bad bones, bad joints, painful old age, and potentially slow death.

People might think it is expensive but raw feeding is the only option for my own dogs....

One of my dogs would eat sh9t on a stick... doesnt mean i would feed him it,,, however it would probably be bettter for him than aldi food long term.... if you are in financial difficuties op, my advise would be to by one expensive brand and one cheap, and mix. Just feeding that smuck in aldi or lidl i dont think, personally to be good in long term and may work out a false economy in the future ..hths

Whilst I'm not going to argue against raw food, nobody on these threads ever seems to mention the fact that dogs also get sick on a raw diet. If people are going to do it, they need to do it properly, and unfortunately an awful lot of people don't. I have seen a chocolate labrador turn white because of deficiencies in its raw diet. I will have to see if I can find it on t'internet.

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    I got a bag of dried food (11 euro for 15kg) in my local cash and carry, no cereal content - it's not brand labelled, but has on it that it is for breeding and working dogs. Shadow is neither, but as he's a large collie cross, it more than does the trick.

I got it one week to try, as some people know he was on Lidls finest ( :rolleyes: ) while he lived with my mother. I bought the bag at the start of November, and I'm just finishing the dregs off now. He is doing much better - his weight has stabilized, he has more energy, and his coat smells like vanilla for some reason :P

Maybe look for a cash and carry for animal feed and see if they have something like this? Simply look up the ingredients list of all these expensive brands and compare it to the ingredients on the bag you want to buy ;)

working dog and greyhound food has reduced VAT in Eire and is VAT free in NI and the UK, so sometimes it is cheaper because of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

working dog and greyhound food has reduced VAT in Eire and is VAT free in NI and the UK, so sometimes it is cheaper because of that.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the man who runs the cash and carry (I live in a town that is a 5 minute drive to the border) is getting them in from the UK, but even if he isn't, I imagine there is a food that could be got in any of those agri feed places that would be better than Aldi/Lidl, especially if mixed with some meat/fish. Chances are if things are that tight for the OP (by the way OP the bag of food that I bought was the same price as the Lidl food in a bag half the size :o ) then there won't be many named brands they can afford. Something to look into anyway if you can get to one OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

boomerang wrote: »
    Bannasidhe wrote: »

Read here, Bannasidhe. :)

http://www.dogaware.com/health/liver.html#shunts

I understand your vet's reluctance to feed anything other than a hepatic diet, because the dietary needs of a dog with liver issues can be complex, depending on the cause of illness. Mary Strauss, to whom I've linked, is a legend. 100% trustworthy and reliable source of dietary advice for dogs with hepatic/renal/pancreatic issues. :)

That ties with what Jean Dodds said and what I have been doing. :D

He has just inhaled some RC hepatic with mashed spud - tiny bit of butter - some poached white fish moistened with the liqour.

Thanks for that!

I must say that although I do on occasion use aldi's wet food pouches I only once tried their dried food and I ended up giving it away to a rescue.

Something in the aldi and lidl dog food's favour though is that they are made in Germany I believe, and I understand that the standards in Germany for pet food manufacture are higher than those here, I think the meat has to be human grade.

Whilst I'm not going to argue against raw food, nobody on these threads ever seems to mention the fact that dogs also get sick on a raw diet. If people are going to do it, they need to do it properly, and unfortunately an awful lot of people don't. I have seen a chocolate labrador turn white because of deficiencies in its raw diet. I will have to see if I can find it on t'internet.

I totally agree.... if you do it the wrong way it is just plain wrong, however, there is little excuse for anyone who has access to information, the internet etc to do it wrong... Unfortunately feeding dogs complete crap that comes in a bag does not usuallly have such a strong effect as mentioned and the long term health problems can be dormant for years... Ofcourse anyone going raw has to learn, learn and learn some more. For a dog to change colour due to deficiencies I would say would be the most extreme case of raw feeding without as much as a thought for the contents, quotas and percentages of minearls vitamins, protien carbs etc.. much the same as feeding dogs out of a bag bought in a shop without fullly understanding the ingreidients :)

I totally agree.... if you do it the wrong way it is just plain wrong, however, there is little excuse for anyone who has access to information, the internet etc to do it wrong... Unfortunately feeding dogs complete crap that comes in a bag does not usuallly have such a strong effect as mentioned and the long term health problems can be dormant for years... Ofcourse anyone going raw has to learn, learn and learn some more. For a dog to change colour due to deficiencies I would say would be the most extreme case of raw feeding without as much as a thought for the contents, quotas and percentages of minearls vitamins, protien carbs etc.. much the same as feeding dogs out of a bag bought in a shop without fullly understanding the ingreidients :)

But the internet is full of people who portray themselves as experts, but who really aren't :D How do people know who to trust, and who to run a mile from? I've seen some shocking advice on raw feeding, but people then go and follow it.

But the internet is full of people who portray themselves as experts, but who really aren't :D How do people know who to trust, and who to run a mile from? I've seen some shocking advice on raw feeding, but people then go and follow it.

Well, I am not sure which advise you are talking about, and obv this isnt a thread about the raw feeding debate.. but I would suspect that most people who have an iota of sense, logic are able to work out these facts.. others can take advice from whoever, a vet, a friend, someone on boards etc. However if we are talking about the best interests of our animals, then same as anything which is dependent on us for their sustenance, it is possible to give and then produce our own advice, I think it is called ancedotal.. I think as adult we can all work our way through ancedotal advice, and proffessional advise and work out (hopefully ) what is best.. It is an academic way of seeing things also, dialetical... one says one thing another says another, another says another etc etc, and we work out what is best by using all the information. Always assuming you are dealing with the lowest possible intelligence who might only feed their dogs raw aldi chicken all the time.. or cooked chicken etc etc.... to use one ancedotal incident, of a dog changing colour, in no way would have any impact on my own research, and obviously I have the best interests of my own animals , children and life at heart, but I know where you are coming from. To go back to the thread topic however, and it is my understanding you work in an animal welfare setting, if you are skint, and worried about what you are going to feed your dog, then you are a good dog owner.. the fact you worry shows this. To maintain a healthy dog regardless of what method, if you are the waelthiest person on earthj, you are still a bad owner if you only feed your dog fillet steak. So well done op for worrying, and you will find a method that suits your purse and your animal, hopefully. The fact that one dog choked on a bit of kibble does not mean you shouldnt feed kibble, or that one dog changed colour becuse it was being fed a completely wrong diet, does not take away anything from people who are genuiniely concerned for their animals welfare. :)

Well, I am not sure which advise you are talking about, and obv this isnt a thread about the raw feeding debate.. but I would suspect that most people who have an iota of sense, logic are able to work out these facts.. others can take advice from whoever, a vet, a friend, someone on boards etc. However if we are talking about the best interests of our animals, then same as anything which is dependent on us for their sustenance, it is possible to give and then produce our own advice, I think it is called ancedotal.. I think as adult we can all work our way through ancedotal advice, and proffessional advise and work out (hopefully ) what is best.. It is an academic way of seeing things also, dialetical... one says one thing another says another, another says another etc etc, and we work out what is best by using all the information. Always assuming you are dealing with the lowest possible intelligence who might only feed their dogs raw aldi chicken all the time.. or cooked chicken etc etc.... to use one ancedotal incident, of a dog changing colour, in no way would have any impact on my own research, and obviously I have the best interests of my own animals , children and life at heart, but I know where you are coming from. To go back to the thread topic however, and it is my understanding you work in an animal welfare setting, if you are skint, and worried about what you are going to feed your dog, then you are a good dog owner.. the fact you worry shows this. To maintain a healthy dog regardless of what method, if you are the waelthiest person on earthj, you are still a bad owner if you only feed your dog fillet steak. So well done op for worrying, and you will find a method that suits your purse and your animal, hopefully. The fact that one dog choked on a bit of kibble does not mean you shouldnt feed kibble, or that one dog changed colour becuse it was being fed a completely wrong diet, does not take away anything from people who are genuiniely concerned for their animals welfare. :)

there is a woman in the UK who posts on FB constantly, in lots of different forums, and who is recommended by other people as a raw expert, but who has only been feeding her own dogs raw for a few months. new people don't know that she is an idiot and knows nothing - she used to feed her dogs liquidised tinned food, via a pipe into their stomachs! They see her being recommended by others as an expert, so they listen to her and act accordingly. it is very common on the internet unfortunately, that people believe that someone knows what their talking about, without actually getting any proof. It is very easy to pretend to be something your not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

there is a woman in the UK who posts on FB constantly, in lots of different forums, and who is recommended by other people as a raw expert, but who has only been feeding her own dogs raw for a few months. new people don't know that she is an idiot and knows nothing - she used to feed her dogs liquidised tinned food, via a pipe into their stomachs! They see her being recommended by others as an expert, so they listen to her and act accordingly. it is very common on the internet unfortunately, that people believe that someone knows what their talking about, without actually getting any proof. It is very easy to pretend to be something your not.

:eek::eek:

thats exactly what I am saying, I feed raw, that does not mean i am some sort of zombie who will take the advice of someone such as this person... I mean the whole point of my post.... there are idiots everywhere... that doesnt mean doing something right makes the whole concept wrong because idiots do it wrong.. if that were the case we would all do nothing because maybe a few idiots might get it wrong? Am I making sense here... I could link you a thousand sites of seriously bad advice, that doesnt mean when something is done right it shouldnt exist.. the whole anti raw feeding is based on peopple saying.... these idiots do it wrong so there is no right way to do it...... that is a very bad basis for aurguing against anything, The woman is obviously one of many many idiots who own animals in this world. that doesnt mean anyone who raw feeds is an idiot. soryy op for hijacking thread....

• Advertisement

thats exactly what I am saying, I feed raw, that does not mean i am some sort of zombie who will take the advice of someone such as this person... I mean the whole point of my post.... there are idiots everywhere... that doesnt mean doing something right makes the whole concept wrong because idiots do it wrong.. if that were the case we would all do nothing because maybe a few idiots might get it wrong? Am I making sense here... I could link you a thousand sites of seriously bad advice, that doesnt mean when something is done right it shouldnt exist.. the whole anti raw feeding is based on peopple saying.... these idiots do it wrong so there is no right way to do it...... that is a very bad basis for aurguing against anything, The woman is obviously one of many many idiots who own animals in this world. that doesnt mean anyone who raw feeds is an idiot. soryy op for hijacking thread....

Can you please point out where I said that, or anything like it. I don't know if you're misreading my posts, or think that I'm directing things at you? I'm not btw.

At the moment, raw feeding seems to be the new mantra, and there never seems to be an alternative view posted, or accepted. People who feed a commercial diet are also not idiots, but I am getting the feeling from a lot of posts on here and other places, that unless you feed your dogs raw food, then you are considered a bad owner.

As I have said previously, I am not against raw feeding, i have a lot of dogs, if I had fewer, or had the storage space I would feed a mix of commercial and raw. At the moment I do on a small scale, my dogs get raw twice a week, the rest of the time they are on a commercial complete food, and they are thriving (except for one, who is being treated at the vets for a non food related issue)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭Rommie

To be honest, I am a bit fed up with the attitude of a lot of raw feeders. My housemate feeds the dogs raw and I've been trying to do the same with the cats, so we spent a lot of time doing research into it. But try to join raw feeder groups online or on facebook and there are some serious attitude problems there. I was berated one night by a woman who insisted I feed my cats quails and chicken and give them about twelve different supplements. They love beef and pork so that's what they were getting. Then I mentioned that I gave a good quality tinned food as well to ensure they were getting the taurine they needed and I was nearly crucified. It has actually put me off attempting to feed them raw now.

Then you have the ones that call kibble 'death biscuits' and the like. I mean, come on?

Can you please point out where I said that, or anything like it. I don't know if you're misreading my posts, or think that I'm directing things at you? I'm not btw.

At the moment, raw feeding seems to be the new mantra, and there never seems to be an alternative view posted, or accepted. People who feed a commercial diet are also not idiots, but I am getting the feeling from a lot of posts on here and other places, that unless you feed your dogs raw food, then you are considered a bad owner.

As I have said previously, I am not against raw feeding, i have a lot of dogs, if I had fewer, or had the storage space I would feed a mix of commercial and raw. At the moment I do on a small scale, my dogs get raw twice a week, the rest of the time they are on a commercial complete food, and they are thriving (except for one, who is being treated at the vets for a non food related issue)
    The highlighted comment does not refer to you in any way or anything you said, it refers to the examples of idiots posed who raw feed their dogs.. I have no interest in getting into a debate about the method i feed my dogs. I would in no way insult you or anyone who is obviously intelligent and who cares for their animals, I was refering to people who tube feed their dogs or who allow their dogs to get so ill that they change colour, as stated. Hope that clear that up

Rommie wrote: »
    To be honest, I am a bit fed up with the attitude of a lot of raw feeders. My housemate feeds the dogs raw and I've been trying to do the same with the cats, so we spent a lot of time doing research into it. But try to join raw feeder groups online or on facebook and there are some serious attitude problems there. I was berated one night by a woman who insisted I feed my cats quails and chicken and give them about twelve different supplements. They love beef and pork so that's what they were getting. Then I mentioned that I gave a good quality tinned food as well to ensure they were getting the taurine they needed and I was nearly crucified. It has actually put me off attempting to feed them raw now.

Then you have the ones that call kibble 'death biscuits' and the like. I mean, come on?

another ancedotal example, yes I would find that all a bit irritating too, however as stated to let one or two idiots put you off anything in life is a bit of a shame..
    anyway, I dont advpocate raw feeding for everyone, infact I know there are many dogs out there who would have your arm for a handful of lidl or aldi food, best of luck op with whatever works out for you, mentioning raw feeding on your thread was ofcourse a big mistake, always the same response and heavens knows why. If I was skint to be honest, id feed my dogs before anything, and whatever i could... anything that wouldnt poison them, if i was a wee bit skint id feed them whatever cheap food, if i had a wee bit of money meat and a decent dry food, loadsa money, loadsa food lol... so best of luck with it :) I bet its a well loved dog and thats what counts x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Binka

Rommie wrote: »

Yes, I agree, it can be very intimidating and can often put folks off asking for advice.
    OP, as has been said, the fact you are asking means you care - go with your budget and your gut instinct - do your research - you won't go far wrong that way.
    Bear in mind, most dogs would eat the slime in the bottom of your dumpster - that doesn't mean it would be nutritious for them.
    What comes out the other end and the skin/coat condition are good indications you are on the right track.
    But most importantly, research your breed and make sure the proteins you are feeding are the right ones.

Death biscuits - that's extreme! :eek: Extremism in any form is wrong, IMO. No one is 100% right all of the time and we should all be open to each other's ideas, especially when it comes to pet diets - research is ongoing all the time. I'm not 100% convinced that commercial dry food is a bad thing (if supplemented with fresh food) and not 100% convinced that the raw diets as currently espoused are entirely the best thing in the world, either.

Reminds me though that Go-Cat is such ****e food that I hear a lot of people refer to it as Dead-Cat. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Mo60

The only thing thae t might be surprising is what is actually in these pet foods, and the long term effects it has feeding your dog the equivalent to a human mcdonalds every day... smelly breath, bad gums, bad teeth , bad bones, bad joints, painful old age, and potentially slow death.

I feed my dogs these pet foods and they have none of the symptoms you describe.

My previous dogs all lived to a good age - at least 15 years and none suffered a painful old age.

Binka wrote: »
    What comes out the other end and the skin/coat condition are good indications you are on the right track.

Except I think in a young dog, which is going to have a beautifully shiny coat regardless of what brand you feed it, really. Many years ago in a galaxy far away when I got my first dog, I fed her that awful Bolero chub stuff. Being a young 'un, of course she looked in tip-top health regardless. I cottoned on quickly though and improved on her diet. I don't think I'd have got her to 10+ years in the great shape she's in (touch wood) if I had kept her on the really cheap foods.

I know a GSD that can can eat as much as he likes (free feeding from the bowl) and yet he stays underweight. His coat is terrible - dry, dull and scurfy. What do they feed him? Red Mills Star. Cheapest of the cheap. It doesn't even specify which meat is used as a protein source, and it's full of cereals. Which, incidentally, are clearly evident in his poop! Q.E.D? Poor lad has just had major orthopaedic surgery and he could do with a far better diet than Star to help him heal and recover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

My dog had dermatitis and was on an expensive food from the vets for a while. I had been feeding him Pedigree Chum with biscuits. I tried the Aldi chicken as the vet said he shouldn't have meet and now feed him Aldi chicken dried food and he is very fit and playful for his age (about 12). Has no problems with his teeth. His coat is in good condition. But he eats all the waste from the table too including potatoes and skins so I can't see anything wrong with the Aldi food especially if you are on a tight budget. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭notfromhere

thanks for all your replies,went shopping yesterday, went into petmaina and to my surprise, there was 7 euro off rc ,thats down from 24 four a 4kg bag so got a bag of it, by the way my dog is a cocker and she is 8 and she is the boss ha, I wil look into her feed more in the next few days but thank you all again

Advertisement