Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aldi doogfood

13»

Comments

Hi.
    I've been feeding my lad Orijen since around last October and he loves it. Its comforting to read what he's eating and know it's of great quality. Yes it looks expensive at 75€ odd for 13kg. However my last bag lasted almost 3 months. As its high in protein you only need to feed a little. That works out at only a few euro a week.
    well worth it in my opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

ISDW wrote: »
    Something in the aldi and lidl dog food's favour though is that they are made in Germany I believe, and I understand that the standards in Germany for pet food manufacture are higher than those here, I think the meat has to be human grade.

This is something I've believed until recently. Don't know about Aldi, but when I checked my Lidl food recently it had an IE factory reference number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭lb1981

just to let you know ,from working in a dog/cat food manufacturing plant, felix, tesco,aldi,lidl,dunnes, m&s,sainsburys,co-op and morrisons is all the same food the only difference is the packaging anybody thinking anything else is only fooling themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭lb1981

2 stroke wrote: »
    This is something I've believed until recently. Don't know about Aldi, but when I checked my Lidl food recently it had an IE factory reference number.
    Yep they are all made in Longford ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 stusawop

lB1981, you wouldn't by any chance be referring to C and D Petfoods who last year bought out Danish firm Arovit to become the second biggest private label manufacture of pet food in Europe. ABP Food Group (owned by Larry Goodman) also has a large shareholding in C & D. Philip Wells, Operations Manager with Arden Grange was a Product Manager with Arovit ...who now manufacture Arden Grange.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Anyone know if they still have the outlet at the factory where you can buy mis-labelled or soon to be out-of-date cat food?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

Factory reference number is IEKK000258. KK indicates Kilkenny iirc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

2 stroke wrote: »
    Factory reference number is IEKK000258. KK indicates Kilkenny iirc.

Red Mills have manufacturing facilities in Kilkenny - I think they make food for 3rd parties.

Advertisement