Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you have to wait 28 days

Options
  • 21-03-2013 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭

Do you HAVE to wait 28 days to allow a company to repair a LAPTOP.Can I not just get a refund? It was purchased December 2012.
    Im sick to the teeth of the sad looks from my 10 year old, waiting for her laptop back?
    Thanks,
    Cathy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭01902

cathy01 wrote: »
    Do you HAVE to wait 28 days to allow a company to repair a LAPTOP.Can I not just get a refund? It was purchased December 2012.
    Im sick to the teeth of the sad looks from my 10 year old, waiting for her laptop back?
    Thanks,
    Cathy

They have to repair it without unreasonable delay. How long is that? Who knows!! If you go to SCC they may say 28 days is unreasonable, they may say it is ok. Personally sounds like a long time to me. You did return it to the retailer to deal with this rather than the manufacturer?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Merl1n

28 days is the norm (working days)
    Acer and HP tend to replace after that

If you go back to retail they may have to take the laptop and send it away for you this can slow things down

If you feel its taking to long log a small claims court application, contact the store and tell the manager that this was what you are doing

Whats the problem with the laptop, a lot of the time the laptop may not be faulty and it make just be a software issue

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Merl1n wrote: »
    28 days is the norm (working days)
    Acer and HP tend to replace after that

If you go back to retail they may have to take the laptop and send it away for you this can slow things down

If you feel its taking to long log a small claims court application, contact the store and tell the manager that this was what you are doing

Whats the problem with the laptop, a lot of the time the laptop may not be faulty and it make just be a software issue

I sent it back to pc world .ear phone jac was causing it to be fuzzy or come and go.nothing major.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Merl1n

pc world will then go and send it back to the manufacture
    The laptop will more then likely get a motherboard swap and turn around usually takes about 2 weeks plus pc worlds time to book it in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Ah but PC world didnt sent it untill the 21 of march, dispite having it since the 9.I was up there today.I was told lastweek it would be there thursdat, then got a phone call saying tuesday, so went up, and when there, they said oh, its not here yet, could be a few more days.
    Talk about the run around.
    I was told by NCA.IE that I was to tell them I

Reject & rescind the item , this is ...from the site....

When you buy goods, you enter into a contract with the seller. If those goods turn out to be faulty and the fault is major, you are entitled to reject the goods and rescind (end) the contract. If you simply reject the goods, for example, a broken bill-pay phone, you may still be tied into a contract unless you demand to cancel it without any penalty fees.

This option is complex and can depend on a number of factors. For example, the severity of the fault, the length of time since you bought the goods, and the inconvenience caused to you as a result of the fault. If a fault occurs within the first 6 months of purchase, it is assumed that is was there at the time of sale. It is important to remember that if you caused the fault, the trader is under no obligation to offer you any type of compensation

I was told no I have to wait 28 days.So I rang them again to make sure and they told me , deffo should be getting a refund.
    I was soo annoyed, , I told them not to contact me unless it was in writing, They have my husbands number on the paperwork for the laptop , if it ever turns up.

Any advice on who is right.
    Thanks, cathy

• Advertisement
Advertisement