Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pan Celtic Festival 2nd -7th April 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭nomunnnofun

Yeah, there is loads happening for it this year. Can't wait for it now. In fairness it was really great buzz around the town when it was on last year and I reckon this year is going to be better and busier again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Shaping up to be a fantastic time! The session trail alone is fantastic.
    http://journalofmusic.com/listing/21-03-13/pan-celtic-session-trail

The trail will be along the river as the town is washed away. The musicians are all been given canoes coming into the town.

/Sorry

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

So, people what events might you attend?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭nomunnnofun

I'll be heading to the Choral concert in the cathedral and the Welsh festival night in the seven oaks on Friday night. Went to the same last year and had an absolute ball. My better half is Welsh so she also loved it. Met a load of Welsh folks and had a sing-song into the early hours with them all. Might try the Open mic sessions in the rowing club or Cafe Formenti on sat also. Will be going down to check out the Taste of Carlow on Kennedy Avenue too. Got some lovely stuff there last year and there are going to be even more stalls this year.:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Looking forward to the Taste of Carlow too. There's going to be an attempt to break the record for the longest line of Riverdancers too.
    town Hall, near the rowing club

Friday, April 5, 2013
    "At 4pm we want as many people to get to the Town Hall in Carlow for one hell of a party. There will be music and dancing, a world record attempt and of course me Eoin McKenna from carlowShops will be doing my 1 2 3's for all of you."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

I was in the college for the start of the diddly-i festival. You can never go wrong with men in kilts:pac:

Must check the website and see what is happening that is not in pubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭lotdpd

longest line of riverdancers in carlow haha you gotta be kidding me....

lotdpd wrote: »
    longest line of riverdancers in carlow haha you gotta be kidding me....
    Why not? A bit of positive publicity for Carlow is always good. The PanCeltic is worth millions to the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭lotdpd

for a start you have to be able to do riverdance (the actually steps) to do the longest line of riverdancers and there is only a handful of people in carlow who can do that...

The longest line of irish dancers is more what it should be called...

no one been negative about carlow or the pan celtic festival its great to have things like this happening in the town, more events like this should be happening every weekend and the town would mover vibrant for tourism which we lack in comparison to kilkenny.

Advertisement