Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cliff walk in bad weather

• 21-03-2013 9:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hi,
    Is the cliff walk safe in bad weather? Hoping to go Saturday with a group in spite of the rain/wind. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭mathproblem

There's a waist high wall to your left for the first third coming from Bray, I've always felt that to be quite a sheltered stretch. After that, at a point where you first see Greystones in the distance, a fence that consists of three horizontal wires between concrete posts continues around a bend or two. On very, very windy days I often turn back at that section(but only because I never walk the whole lot anyway, so i gotta turn back somewhere) as the wind howls through there much stronger but saying that it would probably still be safe enough to continue with caution in all but the strongest gales.

Soon enough again you are sheltered in by hedges and shortly thereafter it takes a step inland a bit where it should be fine.

At no point is there zero barrier to the side, where you could just slip off. Rain wouldn't affect much at all except how mucky your footwear will get.

I wouldn't walk it in a hurricane or gale but most other times you'd be safe to start out & just turn back if it got too much. You could always make the climb up to the top path if you're nervous, it'll probably feel even more windy in places but there's nowhere for it to blow you except back on your backside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭Knit wit

Thanks so much mathproblem for ur reply ... Looking forward to the walk now -:D

Advertisement