Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A fourth major - Chicago 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Super run at a great pace! Nice to get the long run done early in the week :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

When I had kids everyone told me my running days were in trouble but like yourself I now make sure to squeeze the long run in during the week as part of a commute etc. The way I look at it is if it's left until the weekend there is 50/50 chance it won't get done. The reverse has actually happened to my running, I've probably improved because I'm more disciplined now. Should have had kids in my 20s ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭Peckham

TRR wrote: »
    When I had kids everyone told me my running days were in trouble but like yourself I now make sure to squeeze the long run in during the week as part of a commute etc. The way I look at it is if it's left until the weekend there is 50/50 chance it won't get done. The reverse has actually happened to my running, I've probably improved because I'm more disciplined now. Should have had kids in my 20s ;)

That's definitely true. With kids, when you get a window to go running you have to take it. None of this faffing around on a weekend morning delaying a long run that never gets done. Depends on age though. I really struggled with Boston training with a 9 month old, easier with a 2 year old. The cat is well capable of babysitting now.

As for kids in your 20s, I think Krusty will vouch that didn't exactly inspire him to run.

Friday 28th June
    Had to get out early this morning as today sees me working in Dublin this morning, Belfast this afternoon and then a dinner in Belfast tonight so won't be home until after 1am. So it was another early alarm, and sleepy stumble out the door. Legs felt okay as I put recovery tights on straight after my post run shower and slept in them overnight. Those things are magic!

Nice little jaunt around my usual housing estate loop.

5.1 miles @ 8:02 pace

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭nosnagaoithe

Nice run that Peckham - I've done Ringsend to Lusk a few times and it's a decent run, always feels uphill! "Runmute" I believe is the correct term the kids are using these days....
    Like yourself I have young family - but I have 3 with the eldest being 5! It's a real challenge, but you have to maximise every window you get...two nights of the week I'll put them to bed at 8/8.30 pm and head out for 5/6M ....like last night for example!

• Advertisement

Saturday 29th June
    Was at a colleague's retirement do up in Belfast last night, had a few more drinks than planned, but still took the offer of a lift home, getting home at 2am. After 5 hours of disturbed, drunken slumber it was up for another Saturday at parkrun, which was to be followed by a run home.

It was a tired and grumpy Peckham who arrived in Malahide but longing for his bed. The mood picked up as the run got underway, and nice to see some new faces there (KielyUnusual and PaulieYifter - a dominating performance by the former, leading from gun (siren) to tape (chute)).

After processing the results and getting a much needed coffee and scone into me, I reluctantly dragged myself out of the cafe to start the run home. Wasn't in any form for this, but as usual it wasn't as bad as feared. Had forgotten the watch, but would guess I was trudging along at 7:20ish.

8.5 miles @ 7:20 pace

Weekly totals
    61 miles (60 planned)
    7 runs (7 planned)
    1 session
    Long run: 20 miles

That also brings June to a close. A whopping increase of 0.78 mile on the May total!

|April|May|June
    Miles|165|212|213
    Days ran|23|25|24
    Average miles per run day|7.2|8.5|8.9
    Average miles per calendar day|5.5|6.8|7.1

Monday 1st July

I had hoped to a faster session under the belt today, but as usual I felt a little lethargic after a rest day. So, with a new pair of shoes to break in (the trusty Brooks Adrenaline) I headed out on a nice loop to feel the new bounce under the feet.

8.2 miles @ 7:20 pace

Tuesday 2nd July

Another day, another new pair of shoes to break in. Have had an unused voucher for Amphibian King burning a hole in the drawer beside my bed, and finally got round to spending it on Sunday. 95% of my mileage is done in Brooks Adrenalines , and any race I’ve ever done over 5k has been in those shoes too. I have an under-used pair of Saucony Fastwitch that I’ve done 5k races and some shorter speed sessions in. However with the flattest feet known to mankind and some bad over-pronating I’ve always looked at them with a little apprehension. I wanted to have a go at something a little lighter than the Adrenalines that might be suitable for the marathon. So, after an enjoyable 30 minutes or so trying on different shoes in Amphibian King I ended up buying a pair of Asics DS Racers.

Today was their first outing, with the box stored carefully at home in case I’d be taking Amphibian King up on their returns policy.

First 3 miles in the (new) Adrenalines as a warm-up, before a trip back to the house to change into the DS Racers. I wear orthotics, so decided to play it a little safe and switch the orthotics into the DS Racers during the shoe change. Off down the road and things felt soooo much lighter. A quick glance at the watch showed I was cruising along easily at 6:40 pace without really noticing it.

The plan today was 1k reps along a quiet road, 1k in each direction.

6 x 1k with 3 minutes recovery:
    3:34
    3:30
    3:28
    3:31
    3:29
    3:31

First rep was a little odd, as I checked the pace halfway and saw I was going way too quick (5:15 pace) so must have put the brakes on a little too much. Overall average pace (5:34) was the same as this session last week, but felt much more comfortable, and also did an additional rep.

Delighted with the new shoes. They won’t be going back to the shop (not that they’d accept them given the muddy conditions I ran through!).

Total: 10.5 miles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭RunningKing

just a question, when you bought them, did you mention that you wore orthotics?

I used to wear them, but couldn't seem to get used to running in them.

Nice pace btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭overpronator

How stable do those DS racers feel? I've run a couple of marathons in Adrenalines but have been finding them heavy and clunky so I picked up a pair of DS trainers. I've about 100 miles on em and no issues so far, longest run in them being about 12 miles im plesantly surprised. Do you find yourself spilling over the side of the DS racers and do they feel stable enough to you? Looking for something like those for sessions and up to 10k races or so. Cheers!

• Advertisement

just a question, when you bought them, did you mention that you wore orthotics?

Yes, I did. It was recommended that I continue to use the orthotics with them.
    How stable do those DS racers feel? I've run a couple of marathons in Adrenalines but have been finding them heavy and clunky so I picked up a pair of DS trainers. I've about 100 miles on em and no issues so far, longest run in them being about 12 miles im plesantly surprised. Do you find yourself spilling over the side of the DS racers and do they feel stable enough to you? Looking for something like those for sessions and up to 10k races or so. Cheers!

I've only been out on them once, but now that you say it I was spilling over the sides a little. Will be reserving judgment on them until I've done a long run in them. That'll be a few weeks away.

Really, really poor end to last week. The planned 60 mile week with a confidence boosting race to top it off, turned into a 40 mile week and my first ever DNF.

Wednesday 3rd July
    Was up in Belfast for work, and was home much earlier than scheduled so took the opportunity to get out for some mid-afternoon miles.

7.2 miles @ 7:24 pace

Thursday 4th July
    Don't even remember this one, but according to Garmin Connect I went out for a 5 mile loop just before 7pm.

5.3 miles @ 7:34 pace

Friday 5th July
    Unfortunately I do remember this run! Plan was to do 12 or 13 miles from office into city centre, but felt unwell after 2 miles and it wasn't improving. Stopped for a while after 3 miles to get a drink and then jogged to bus stop.

4.6 miles @ 7:30 pace

Saturday 6th July
    Planned to get out, but between parkrun, taking a tumble off my bike (note to anyone volunteering at parkrun - don't carry directional signs whilst cycling, they'll invariably get caught in your spokes and send you over the handlebars), the Lions match, the sunny weather, it never happened.

Sunday 7th July
    Lusk 12k Road Race, DNF
    An unusual distance, but I ran well in this race last year off limited training so thought this would give me a good measure as to where I was. The organiser approached me during the week when I was out running to tell me that the field was limited due to another race and I would be in with a shot at it (I finished 3rd last year).

Massive advantage of it being a local race is that the start is only half a mile from my house, so was still chilling out at home 30 minutes before race start. Jogged down, paid my entry fee, and a 10 minute warm up. Noticed when I got back to the start area the guy who finished in front of me last year (and has run some sub-17 parkruns recently) was there, and a speedy looking foreigner. So figured my chances of a title were gone, and it was just me and the clock.

Start gun went, and speedy looking foreigner went flying off the front. I got in just behind him before slowing down and letting 4 others past me. Field stretched out really quickly, and I got through first mile a bit too quick in 5:46. Second mile was going a little better, as one of the 4 started to come back towards me. However, was developing a really bad stitch which I was trying to breath through, and tried to remember other ways to get rid of it. Past my house with my wife and junior cheering me on from the front garden, and hit end of second mile (now in bad pain) at 6:08. Was gradually slowing down and pace dropping into 6:20s before I stepped off the course a quarter of a mile into the 3rd mile. Key disadvantage of a local race is that it's far too easy to drop out!

A poor, poor end to the week. Consigned to history now.

Weekly totals
    40 miles (60 planned)
    6 runs (7 planned)
    1 session
    1 DNF
    No long run

Monday 8th July
    This was to be a recovery week. Drop the mileage right back to 40ish before making the jump to 75 and commit firmly on the path that Daniels prescribes. Last week turned into that recovery week, so nothing else to do but get stuck into Daniels a week earlier than planned. This means that I'll be two weeks ahead of schedule, so lots of scope over next few weeks.

Other consideration is that this week is relatively straightforward in work, and Mrs P and Junior are spending a few days with the Grandparents so I have the advantage of setting my own timetable and dedicating more of it to running.

Only way to overcome disappointment of Sunday was to get this week off on a strong footing. Daniels calls for a 2.5 hour run this week, so decided to get this done on Monday with a run home from work.

Heat was certainly a factor, so broke the run into three equal segments. Blackrock to Fairview, stop for water break. Fairview to Swords, stop for water break. Swords to Lusk.

Things got tough going around the airport, but thoughts of TBF's endurance challenge in the same heat (or hotter) snapped me out of it. Got to within a hundred metres of home with 2:27 on the clock, so added in an short lap to round it off to the planned 2:30. Looking at the splits shows a strong negative split, so that's encouraging.

20.3 miles @ 7:24 pace

Tuesday 9th July

AM - A 5:30am start, but the weather hand't cooled down much overnight. My usual 4 mile loop, and was hit with a stitch on the very same stretch of footpath as Sunday's race, but kept going this time.
    4 miles @ 7:42 pace

PM - A nice run home from work in some blistering heat. Very envious of those cooling down in the water at Sandymount!
    8.8 miles @ 7:36 pace

(Total: 12.8 miles)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

Hard luck on the race the other day Peckham. Obviously something wasn't completely right after having to stop the 12 mile run a couple of days before. These things happen.

Good going on the 20 miler. The heat is proving to be a bit of a challenge, but it'll stand to us if its a hot day in Chicago. Looking forward to following the Daniels work you're doing here. Might borrow and steal from you also!

Wednesday 10th July
    4 x 10-12 min T with 2 mins recovery

Was determined to get through this session solidly, in particular after the DNF on Sunday. A second abandonment in a few days would have been worrying. Two concerns going into this session: firstly, it was only 48 hours since I did a 20 miler, secondly I stepped up a VDOT level (to 58) so wasn't sure how the legs would react, and also there was that bright yellow thing in the sky. So, to make sure I finished strongly I went at the lower end of the range with 10 minute reps, and walked most of the recovery period.

A 3 mile jog brings me to a nice flat quiet section along by the coast, with some nice sea breezes making things that bit less severe. Put the DS Racers in a backpack (this workout would total to 13 miles and I didn't yet want to risk running that far in them) along with a bottle of water and jogged down towards the coast.

Each rep was an out and back along a straight stretch of road, slight headwind on the way out, so tailwind taking me home again. Objective was to hold 6:04 pace, but first one went better than planned and then I didn't want to slow down after that, even though I kept reminding myself that it's not about beating the session, the benefit comes from holding the correct pace.

Avg pace: 5:57; 6:00; 5:59; 5:59

Had I held correct pace, 12 minute reps would have been achievable. Most of them felt okay, although was at 6:12 average pace on the turn on the final one so had to really kick for home.

Slow 3 mile recovery run home.

2.5 mile warm-up @ 7:21 pace
    4 x 10 minutes @ 5:58 pace
    3.2 mile cooldown @ 8:10 pace
    Total: 13 miles

Super T session there, 5:58 T pace ain' too shabby!! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭RunningKing

Great session there, impressed with your T pace so soon after a 20 miler.

only read about the dnf as well, tough luck with that, but as you say onwards and upwards.

Btw, My daughter is still talking about you to her buddies.........you might get an influx of 13 yr olds to Malahide!

Btw, My daughter is still talking about you to her buddies.........you might get an influx of 13 yr olds to Malahide!

There's little a teenager likes more than seeing their parent undermined, especially in public! ;-)

Thursday 11th July
    Out for a pre-work run, so it was the standard 4 mile loop. After a hard week it was a sore-legged run, but it was easy days for the rest of the week so just needed to tick off the miles.

Had hoped to get out for a few evening miles as well, but Mrs and Junior were home after a few days away, so opted for family time instead.

4 miles @ 8:10 pace

Friday 12th July
    I had 25 miles to knock out over the course of the week to hit my target of 75 for the week, but with a wedding taking a chunk of the weekend it was going to be tough to squeeze it all in.

A nice post-work run out to Lougshinny and back saw me reduce the target by almost 10 miles.

9.5 miles @ 7:24 pace

Saturday 13th July
    Was going to be very difficult to squeeze any miles in on Saturday, but there was an opportunity for half an hour, so took it and got a small run done.

4.2 miles @ 7:30 pace

Sunday 14th July
    Was home from the wedding around midday so when Junior went for his nap I hit the road. Not an ideal time of day to be heading out, but there were 11.2 miles between me and the 75 mile target, so I was determined to do it. Enjoyable, but tired/slightly hungover miles, and towards the end was checking the watch urging it towards 11.2!

11.2 miles @ 7:17 pace

So, that's a 75 mile week. My highest mileage week ever (by over 10 miles). Every one of those miles was hot and sweaty, so hopefully there's some benefit from that if the weather gods are unkind in Chicago. A slight drop back next week to just under 70 miles, however there's a tough work week ahead so it's going to be tight to squeeze the miles in.

Weekly totals
    75 miles (75 planned)
    8 runs (8 planned)
    1 session
    Long run: 20 miles

• Advertisement

Monday 15th July
    Decided on a really easy day today. A nice evening jog in the sunshine.

5.1 miles @ 7:42 pace

Wednesday 16th July
    Had planned to do this on Tuesday, but busy work, a 2 year old unwilling to go to bed and an unanticipated family visitor meant that too many things got in the way. So it was pushed out to Wednesday. With 7 threshold miles to do I headed down to the flat and quietish roads around the seafront in Rush. As with last week I was hoping for some cooling breeze as relief from this incredible weather. With a 15-20 minute threshold session scheduled during this week's long run I wanted to nail the 6:04 target pace, rather than the speedier pace I did last week. Not to be though!

Odd miles were into the breeze, even miles with a breeze at the back

4 x 1 mile - 6:04; 5:50; 6:02; 5:54 (all with 1 minute recovery)
    5 minutes easy
    3 x 1 mile - 5:53; 6:03; 5:54

So, the targeted 6:04 pace became 5:54 pace. Need to keep a lid on this.

Total including warm-up/cooldown: 13 miles

Thursday 18th July
    AM - The usual early morning route, as usual uneventful
    4 miles @ 7:55 pace

PM - A run home from work, but the heat was a total killer. Sweating buckets, but perked up a bit after a Lucozade Sport (in a suitable carribean flavour!). Watch died after about 5 miles, after forgetting to charge it in work, so was just plodding along at an unknown pace past the crowds heading towards Michael Buble.
    10.5 miles @ 7:30ish pace

Saturday 20th July
    Another missed day yesterday. Was up in Belfast for work and was delayed getting there due to a security alert on the trainline, so it threw my whole day out. Ended up getting home at 7 instead of the planned 4pm, and the planned long run last night didn't happen. Not sure it would have in that heat anyway.

Off to parkrun this morning for some glorious sunshine running. Ran the 1.5 miles to the station and was sweating by the time I got there, even though it was only 8.30am. A couple of miles around Malahide castle and then a couple more home again gave me an enjoyable enough 12 miles. Was fearing the heat when I set off for home at 10.45, but it was actually fine. Could it be that the body is acclimatising?!

That puts me on 45 miles for a poorly structured week so far. Target was around 68, but if I could get out again tomorrow and get over the 60 mile mark I'd be happy at this stage. I still have the Q1 session for this week to do also, so I may to an abbreviated version of that to fit in with Junior's nap time tomorrow.

12.1 miles @ 7:20 pace

The Sunday run never happened, so fail to build on the 75 mile week last week and lose some momentum.

Weekly totals
    45 miles (68 planned)
    5 runs (7 planned)
    1 session
    No long run

Monday 22nd July
    Bit of a bonus run as with a busy day involving a full day in the office in Dublin and then travel to Cork after work meant there wasn't much time. Got to Cork around 9pm and having travelled in the muggy humid weather I really needed a shower, so might as well fit a run in whilst I'm at it

I had planned a 10 mile run for Tuesday morning, and as I don't know Cork city at all it had the added benefit of being able to suss out my way from the hotel to the planned route. Found it handily enough, and then did a few miles around the city looking for a late night Spar/Centra where I could buy the toothpaste I had forgotten to bring. Not as many late night convenience shops in Cork as in Dublin it would seem. Back to hotel for a pint of Beamish and then bed.

4 miles @ 7:26 pace

Tuesday 23rd July
    Up nice and early to get out the door by 7. Had hoped to get my hands on a banana before hitting the road, but no open shops and hotel breakfast not starting until 7.30 that meant this was going to be unfuelled. Out the door on South Mall and then headed off along the south of the river. Past Parc Ui Caoimh and into Blackrock. It was then that I saw the signs for the Fit City 10k and realised what a nice race that must have been. Kept following the river, passing what presumably were markings for the marathon (20k and 13.1 miles), before turning around at Jacob's Island and retracing my steps back to the hotel. A very enjoyable run, with some welcome rain towards the end.

10 miles @ 7:25 pace

Wednesday 24th July
    One of Daniel's tougher sessions: 2 x 20 mins T, 1 x 12 mins T (with 3 mins recovery)
    Really needed this session to go well after missing my long run last week (which would have involved T-pace segments). Rather than heading to the coastal route I've used over the past few weeks, I took advantage of the cooler weather and headed back to my preferred route where I did all my 10k training a while back.

After a 2 mile warm-up I hit into the first 20 minute segment. Plan was run for 10 minutes, turn and run back. The outward segment was slightly uphill, so was relieved to turn around into the downhill portion, but realised then that I had the advantage of a tailwind whilst going uphill so would have a slight headwind going back. Working hard towards the end, and walked for over 2 of the 3 minute recovery break. Thought I'd really struggle on the 2nd segment, but came flying out of the blocks and after 8 minutes my pace was still below 6:00. Got to the end and having survived those two segments I knew that the 12 minute portion would be fine. Nice cooldown jog home.

Target pace: 6:04
    2 x 20 minute - avg pace: 6:03; 6:04
    1 x 12 minute - avg pace: 6:01

Total: 13.3 miles

It's been a while, and it hasn't been great. In summary, the past few weeks have gone as follows:

Week commencing 22nd July
    Continuing on from above. A busy end to the week saw me having to take Thursday off, and just getting a gentle recovery run early on Friday morning. Was up in Donegal for the weekend, and plan was to get a 12 mile run done as well as 17 miles with 13 at marathon pace. The former happened, the latter was abandoned after less than 2 miles at marathon pace due to heat and general tired legs, particularly lower legs.
    50 miles for the week, versus a planned 60

Week commencing 29th July
    Given how tired the legs were feeling over the weekend, I took Monday off and booked a sports massage for Tuesday lunchtime. Went to a highly recommended physio who specialises in sport, who hammered the bejaysus out of my calves. Felt as painful as would be expected, but not sure what she did as I stuggled to stand afterwards and nearly fainted after standing up. Net result was that I didn't run again until Saturday (barely walked again until Thursday!), so week was a total write-off. Mrs Peckham did some remedial work on the legs, which involved lots of myofascial release and some dry needling. Foam roller was also employed extensively

I started my marathon plan two weeks early, so had two weeks to play with at some point. Unfortunately between this week and last week these were now spent. However, the result of this is that lots of momentum was lost.
    16 miles for the week

Week commencing 5th August
    Getting back into the flow of things. This was another attempt at what should have happened two weeks previously. A nice 60 mile week before hitting into a 75 mile week. Given that the legs weren't 100% I decided to shelve the T-pace session that I had completed easily on 24th July, and instead focus on getting some marathon paced miles done. Included a nice set of 4 miles during a 10 mile midweek run to give me some confidence at this pace, and then plan was to have another go on Saturday at the 17 miles with 13 at pace.

Was out in Greystones over the weekend, so mapped out a nice route through Kilcoole and Kilquade. Stupidly ate two sandwiches about an hour or so before heading out, and they didn't set well in the stomach. Another abandoned run during the paced segment, this time just before the 2.5 mile mark. :mad: In hindsight, a double day the previous day that involved 7 miles at 5.10am and 11 miles home from work that evening was poor scheduling.

Week ended on a more postive note, when I was offered a last minute entry into the King of Greystones triathlon on a crack team that involved an Olympic triathlete (Gavin Noble) doing the bike leg, and a former Australian elite swimmer doing the swim leg, with yours truly picking up the run. Posted the third fastest run split of the day (mind you, I was on fresh legs whereas most others were off the bike and swim!). Great experience!

Team photo:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151777984721838&set=a.10151777960751838.1073741828.157085966837&type=3&theater

54 miles for the week, versus a planned 60

Need to get some serious work done this week and get the momentum back. The ship with my Chicago target is about to set sail. Starts today with a planned 20-22 miles home from work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Hey Peckham, similar story to myself regarding poor momentum leading up to Chicago. Important few weeks coming up to get the show back on the rails.
    Best of luck to you in that regard. There is still time!

Monday 12th August
    Doing long runs at the weekend is really not feasible within my life at the moment, and I know if I leave them to then they won't get done. So, midweek long runs it is, and handily enough it's exactly 20 miles from office to home. A further bonus of midweek long runs is that if you get them done early in the week, you really build up some momentum in taking a chunk off your weekly mileage target.

This week needs to be a good one, so I was determined to get it off to a good start. Plan was 20-22 miles, but as always when you set those kind of ranges you want to hit the top end of it.

Got out of the office around 5.30 and whilst things looked calm out the window it was quite blustery when I got out there. Nasty little headwind up along Sandymount Strand, saw the pace drop back a bit. Had discovered my old gel belt at the back of the press at the weekend, so along with a smaller, lighter bag these were brought into action (as a trial run for doing T and M paced sessions when running home from work). All I really need to carry is wallet, phone and keys, so no need for an over-sized bag.

Enjoyed the run, particularly coming past the airport as a plane came into land right over my head. Really gives you a feeling of the power of them. Into Swords and a quick stop to buy a bottle of Lucozade Sport and top up the fuel belt. The isotonic hit saw me pick up the pace and the 8 or so miles to home felt strong. (Apart from when a car full of lads thought it would be funny to roar at me as they drove past at 80kmh, nearly sending me into the ditch :mad:)

A nice negative split with average pace of 7:27 for the first half, and 7:04 for the second half. Really felt I was working hard during the final two miles, and focussed on form which resulted in me clocking miles 21 and 22 at sub-7 minute pace.

Got home at 8:15 and the watch ticked over 2:40 just before my driveway. In addition to the various 20ish milers, if I can get a 2:50 and 3 hour run done before the main event I'll be happy.

Great run - need a few of these now.

22 miles @ 7:16 pace

Tuesday 13th August
    Knew I was running early on Tuesday, so was straight into recovery mode when I got through the door on Monday evening. Drank about a litre of milk, had a shower, stuck the recovery tights on, and was eating my pre-prepared slow cooker dinner within 30 minutes of getting home. As I got out of bed at 5:20 on Tuesday I could immediately feel the benefit of all that, as legs didn't feel like they had been through a long run.

Nice regular morning route, and then out into the country lanes in the evening to bring it up to a 10 mile day.

AM - 4 miles @ 8:06 pace
    PM - 6 miles @ 7:28 pace

32 miles done, and it's only Tuesday. If only every week was as straightforward!

Peckham wrote: »
    stuck the recovery tights on

Savage start to the week, nice the nail the 22 miler. Nice one for the reminder above too, just stuck them on now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭jfh

great running here Peckham, would you were the recovery tights to bed?
    marathon madness is setting in here too. i've a pair of the 2xu tights but never tried wearing them overnight.

• Advertisement

jfh wrote: »
    great running here Peckham, would you were the recovery tights to bed?
    marathon madness is setting in here too. i've a pair of the 2xu tights but never tried wearing them overnight.

Thanks. I'm only a recent convert to the tights. Wish I'd discovered them sooner, as they're a real benefit. I've worn them overnight a few times after a hard evening session or a evening time long run. They're comfortable enough to sleep in, unless it's hot outside!

Mine are different to yours though (Skins RY400), but doubt that makes a difference to whether they are suited to sleeping in.

Advertisement