Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sore back how to stay fit?

Options
  • 21-03-2013 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭

I injured my lower back this week.How can i keep the fitness up over the next couple of weeks?Doctor advised me it is a muscle injury.thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 minilis

fire_man wrote: »
    I injured my lower back this week.How can i keep the fitness up over the next couple of weeks?Doctor advised me it is a muscle injury.thanks
    Depends on what aggravates pain. Cycling usually very good for Low Back Pain but if bending aggravates it is sometimes not a good idea.
    Likewise with swimming-not good if standing/extension aggravates.
    But as long as no leg/radiation of pain cycling is usually fine.
    So generally low impact activities. I would usually start my patients on active range of movement exercises and stretches and then progress to more dynamic exercise. Remember exercise is one of the best treatments for LBP!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭fire_man

Thanks

Advertisement