Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPS Logger

Options
  • 21-03-2013 10:43pm

I was wondering if anyone knows where I could find a cheap one or how cheap they go. The cheapest I've found online is $20 but it has SMS functionality etc. which I don't need since I'll be carrying it around. Since a €50 phone can do it with an app I thought a bog-standard logger would be around a tenner or so.

Comments

Bump?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

See if you can pick up a 2ndhand Garmin eTrex, they store logs. Make sure it's a model with the microUSB port, the original (yellow) eTrex only supported a serial interface which is now obsolete.

Otherwise for a new gadget, DealExtreme (http://dx.com/) is probably your best bet.

I was wondering if anyone knows where I could find a cheap one or how cheap they go. The cheapest I've found online is $20 but it has SMS functionality etc. which I don't need since I'll be carrying it around. Since a €50 phone can do it with an app I thought a bog-standard logger would be around a tenner or so.

pay the $20. that's pretty cheap.

Advertisement