Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opinions appreciated

• 21-03-2013 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19 BlindRiver

This is a demo recording of a track I wrote in the last couple of weeks. I wouldn't consider myself much of a singer, but would appreciate feedback on the song itself. Thanks

https://soundcloud.com/#blindriver-1/weeds

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 freakingidol

You're clearly not a singer and nontheless there's something to like about this song, so that's good, we know we are not fooled by a killer vocal performance. Maybe Weeds wouldn't be the best title, I thought pot. Seems like there's a lot of compression on the mix, it kills it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 BlindRiver

You're clearly not a singer and nontheless there's something to like about this song, so that's good, we know we are not fooled by a killer vocal performance. Maybe Weeds wouldn't be the best title, I thought pot. Seems like there's a lot of compression on the mix, it kills it.

Thanks for that, don't know why I'd call it pot though when it has nothing whatsoever to do with that particular subject. As for the compression comment, it's a home recording so I played everything myself and it was recorded on fairly basic equipment. I know very little about the production side of things I'm afraid.

• Enjoyed this, nice structure/arrangement, obviously you aren't a singer but I can hear where you want it to go. I think if I heard it with a good vocal its something I might really like.

Good lyrics too.

A little bit of a solo acoustic fill here and there would be a nice addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 freakingidol

BlindRiver wrote: »
    Thanks for that, don't know why I'd call it pot though when it has nothing whatsoever to do with that particular subject

When I saw the title I thought pot, it was not a suggestion.

When I saw the title I thought pot, it was not a suggestion.

My mistake, sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭dogmax

BlindRiver wrote: »
    This is a demo recording of a track I wrote in the last couple of weeks. I wouldn't consider myself much of a singer, but would appreciate feedback on the song itself. Thanks

https://soundcloud.com/#blindriver-1/weeds[/QUOTE]

Well BlindRiver

Really Really like this but can i tell you something that i learn a long time ago, every time i finish a song i would sing it into a tape recorder just to hear if the words had the flow of the song the way i had it in my head and just like you i didnt sound great, and then one time i wrote this song cant remember which one it was, but i didn't try to sing it i just let the sound of my voice sing it in its own natural way, didn't try to reach the highs just let my voice do it in it own natural way, even had to slow it down a bit.

Listen back and at first i thought there was something wrong with the tape recorder, now don't get me wrong it wasnt great, it wasnt even good, but it was a lot better than me trying to sing, and after a while with me trying to get me trying to sing out of my head, i began thinking to myself "sh1t man, i sound okay" now in saying that i still wouldn't be let in the door of a singing contest, although if you're interested we could team up as a double act and give it a try, but we would probably be kick out of town.

So what im saying is, keep the highs low, believe me it works.

Now back to your song i like it, you got good words to this song and i like the music of the it and you know what, post the words of your song because there are plenty of singers out there who would love to help you out, and the reason why is because we're all here to help each other.

Remember post the words of your song and keep posting other songs that you have, this is a songwriters forum not a singers forum.

Thank so much BlindRiver, keep posting feedbacks okay and when we get this song sorted for you, like get you a singer, but listen thats up to you okay, in the mean time you keep posting your songs here and keep posting feedbacks as well, Thanks again BlindRiver.

Thanks for that dogmax, some kind words in there. I wrote myself off as a singer years ago so I don't lose too much sleep over it, don't try very hard anymore as long as I can get the basic melody across I'm happy enough. Getting the words and music right is a bigger priority! Threatening to put some kind of band together at the minute so hopefully I'll find someone else to worry about the vocal side of things

Advertisement