Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new ps3 firmware out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

1st update in a long time & nothing really in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,050 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

http://uk.playstation.com/ps3/support/system-software/detail/item592735/Update-features-%28ver-4-40%29/

Seems from May, we'll be able to buy from the internet store and have it download automatically. Though not sure if that means you can purchase then push, or if as soon as you purchase, it'll start downloading.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

I noticed absolutely nothing in the update

• Registered Users Posts: 6,482 ✭✭✭Damien360

aindriu80 wrote: »
    I noticed absolutely nothing in the update

No complaints so !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

1st update in a long time & nothing really in it.

it was an emergency patch because someone found a way to play ps2 games on the ps3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Got into a install loop, 8002F310

I'm trying to sort it out with another HDD, I placed this empty HDD along with a USB drive with the Firmware and I'm trying to install it and format the HDD.

After this I'll hopefully be able to reinsert the old drive and continue as normal

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Since I updated my Store experience has degraded.
    Slower to open now.
    When I select Background Download - two times now my system has frozen. And once in game while playing Prototype2 -after a restart had to do that whole scan thing - but getting nervous here.

My HDD is a 1Tb self-installed HDD so not native if that means anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Taltos wrote: »
    Since I updated my Store experience has degraded.
    Slower to open now.
    When I select Background Download - two times now my system has frozen. And once in game while playing Prototype2 -after a restart had to do that whole scan thing - but getting nervous here.

My HDD is a 1Tb self-installed HDD so not native if that means anything.

1. Turn off your PS3 so you see that glowing red light we are all familiar with.
    2. Turn on your PS3 and HOLD the power button. Keep holding until it turns off.
    3. Now turn it on again but this time it will be a little different. Press and hold the power button and you will hear. 1 Beep …. 1 Beep ….. then 2 quick Beeps at this point release the power button. If you release it to late it will just turn off again. Return to step 2 if this happens.
    4. You will be greeted with a screen asking you to connect a controller with a USB cable.
    5. Welcome to the PS3 Recovery Menu

Now select rebuild, it should speed things up a bit especially on a large HDD.

Advertisement