Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I convert YouTube clip to avi?

Options
  • 22-03-2013 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭

Hi.
    I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of the correct software that will allow me to play a clip from YouTube through say media player or real player? I think it's called avi??
    Basically , Iv no access to YouTube on the school Internet but would like to show clips of things I've seen on YouTube at home but in the classroom
    I've googled it but I'm wary of downloading the programs. Is there a way to do it directly online either?
    I think I'd even pay a small fee for it if I had to.
    Huge apologies if this has been covered to death!
    Many thanks ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

First you need to save the yourtube video (FLV), which is not an easy task anymore, since Youtube has made it somewhat difficult lately. I have been using VideoCacheView but I haven't tried it in quite a while, so I don't know if still works. When you got the FLV, the rest is easy, get WinFF, drag the FLV into the program window, select output format (AVI) and preset, then click convert.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Hi.
    I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of the correct software that will allow me to play a clip from YouTube through say media player or real player? I think it's called avi??
    Basically , Iv no access to YouTube on the school Internet but would like to show clips of things I've seen on YouTube at home but in the classroom
    I've googled it but I'm wary of downloading the programs. Is there a way to do it directly online either?
    I think I'd even pay a small fee for it if I had to.
    Huge apologies if this has been covered to death!
    Many thanks ;)

If you want to play some of the clips you built for the lads, this will download and convert them for you, just works.

http://www.ytddownloader.com/

https://www.virustotal.com/en/url/9606ded3fe1c6b440f4ff01f473ef55a70b379ea000c7265d1967fe0c9b8253b/analysis/1363911120/

( dunno how good online scan thingy is )

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

THIS: will do it all for you without any need to convert afterwords

Be careful to watch for unwanted bits of software it tries to install during setup.

When you see it wanting to install crap, click on the "Decline" (which appears to be grayed out but isn't) button and a clean install will continue

It just works every time

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

Thank you very much for all the advice. Ill try give some of them suggestions a go!
    Thx again
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

Best program that I have used is DVDVideoSoft - Does a lot of things inc. video downloading and extracting audio from a YouTube video. :D

I have been using it now for a couple of years

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

DVDVideoSoft - Does a lot of things inc.

...installing adware and hijacking your web browser.

You'll have to be very careful with their installer.

Advertisement