Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oil Boiler Servicing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

The last boiler i serviced had a service record chart going back 10 years by a reputable service company.The date on the flexi oil line was 1998!,I said i need to change the flexi oil line.I believe if the customer doesnt want to pay for a flexi oil hose you have to fit one at your own cost to be able to sleep at night.They will really only leak after they are moved,not always but ud never know,Grant say every 2 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

For 6 quid it gets changed, i even discount it biannually.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭jimf

of course your right again billy .6/80s danfoss only here as well

so yes yours is bigger than mine

do anybody carry the universal nozzle that fits every size boiler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Annually?? Isn't there at least a 3 - 5 year life on hoses and the date stamped on them?

Afaik riello state that a flexi should be changed every two years.

Danfoss only, .65/85S. I buy flexible hoses in bulk from HWOS and take no chances with them as although i have never had an issue at the price i can't be sure of quality so its changed annually.

I note Jim hasn't enlightened us but i bet mines bigger than his.
    AFAIK the hwos hoses are made by riello.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭crock!

jimf wrote: »
    of course your right again billy .6/80s danfoss only here as well

so yes yours is bigger than mine

do anybody carry the universal nozzle that fits every size boiler
    the universal one down my way is a .50 80s..i took one out of a fb popular 90 120 yesturday.at 13 bar kero

crock! wrote: »
    the universal one down my way is a .50 80s..i took one out of a fb popular 90 120 yesturday.at 13 bar kero

so there nationwide I thought they only existed in limerick

If you change a hose that in a boiler for one year with a new one thats in it wrapper on the shelf for one year both flexi hoses are in the exact same condition.so in effect when buying the hoses in a plumbing merchants the date stamped on it should be checked

so there nationwide I thought they only existed in limerick
    The problem with limerick is that the plumbing merchants in limerick only stock a few different type of nozzle,i was looking for a 1.0 60 eh nozzle lately,couldnt be got anywhere,was told by one shop 1.0 80s was similar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

The date stamp should be noted, but anything that's sold in bulk and is sent out to me rolled up tightly loose in a box gets regularly changed, if i wanted i could fit a long life hose but the customers seem to like to see attention to detail.

• Advertisement

agusta wrote: »
    The problem with limerick is that the plumbing merchants in limerick only stock a few different type of nozzle,i was looking for a 1.0 60 eh nozzle lately,couldnt be got anywhere,was told by one shop 1.0 80s was similar

id say I have more stock in my van than any of our local suppliers there feckin brutal its only recently they realised that eh/es nozzles existed

The date stamp should be noted, but anything that's sold in bulk and is sent out to me rolled up tightly loose in a box gets regularly changed, if i wanted i could fit a long life hose but the customers seem to like to see attention to detail.

are the long life every 5 year change bully

apoligies billy just realised I called you bully in my last post

I realised I better retract before you got on to the big red button boys by pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

Down here they think you should only get a new oil line when the boiler gets replaced,and often not even then !!

At least with proper service prices you can asorbe the odd extra cost like oil line or capacitor if customer thinks your out to trow in a lot of extras.
    Most are sound and are impressed.

scudo2 wrote: »
    Down here they think you should only get a new oil line when the boiler gets replaced,and often not even then !!

At least with proper service prices you can asorbe the odd extra cost like oil line or capacitor if customer thinks your out to trow in a lot of extras.
    Most are sound and are impressed.

lol scudo what is it with you and feckin capicators :D:D

lol scudo what is it with you and feckin capicators :D:D
    I get the message.

I get the message.

their off the agenda until January :P

we will have the big capicator debate then :eek:

jaysus twill be worse than love hate ;)

their off the agenda until January :P

we will have the big capicator debate then :eek:

jaysus twill be worse than love hate ;)
    I get the message.
    Sorry but it's not a subject that I should comment on due to past wording problems with my replys. !!!
    I've turned over a new leaf. !

hope everybody had a special day

got a call yesterday to a boiler with a tigerloop fitted no oil going to burner filters in both tank and burner spotless boiler serviced sept not by me

all joints to tigerloop perfect and bypass fitted to burner got a great bit of advice from shane to go back to basics jaysus was he right

was just about to give it the sledge treatment when I decided 30psi down the line would be my last resort what I can only best describe as sediment came pissing out and I don't mean sludge this was hard and grainy anybody have idea what this is I have never seen it before maybe you have seen it im only guessing it may have built up on a low point in the fuel line some pieces were as big as a match head

Filter at the oil tank or boiler end.??Obvious reason for Question.

I've often had to clear blocked oil line +also problem with frozen moisture freezing and expanding blocking oil line.
    Scuba diving bottle has helped from time to time, only 2300 psi !!!!
    (obvious not a full direct connection )

+I hate HG plastic been used for oil line without filter also at boiler end.

• Advertisement

Filter at the oil tank or boiler end.??Obvious reason for Question.

I've often had to clear blocked oil line +also problem with frozen moisture freezing and expanding blocking oil line.
    Scuba diving bottle has helped from time to time, only 2300 psi !!!!

+I hate HG plastic been used for oil line.

its the gritty substance that has me puzzled scudo it was not what we would describe as sludge filters at both ends spotless run from tank to boiler approx. 10mts x 10mm copper lift for tigerloop approx. 2ft all fitted approx. 8 years ago

????
    Filter at tank should catch any crap,rust,sludge,bad fill, decaying leaves that got into tank. Have come across sand and crap that got into unprotected pipe while base for tank been constructed.
    Sorry mate that I can't add more.
    Have a good one.
    Its been quite, I've 3 calls tomorrow TG
    Nothing else till January I hope, so far.

How's it for you ?

????
    Filter at tank should catch any crap,rust,sludge,bad fill, decaying leaves that got into tank. Have come across sand and crap that got into unprotected pipe while base for tank been constructed.
    Sorry mate that I can't add more.
    Have a good one.
    Its been quite, I've 3 calls tomorrow TG
    Nothing else till January I hope, so far.

How's it for you ?

nothing till Friday thank god at the moment might get to the races 2 morrow and meet a couple of buddies home for xmas and probably go for a few too many so Friday will be a late start

nothing till Friday thank god at the moment might get to the races 2 morrow and meet a couple of buddies home for xmas and probably go for a few too many so Friday will be a late start

Was going to red flag this for the MOD's pointing out your social, gambling and drink problem.

Have a good time.

Which races ?
    My horses might be running.

Was going to red flag this for the MOD's pointing out your social, gambling and drink problem.

Have a good time.

that's me thinking out loud her indoors might have other plans for me :o:o

Which races ?
    My horses might be running.

limerick and no thanks I don't want their names but if I see scudos dream and scudos fortune running I just might have an idea who owns them :D:D:D

limerick and no thanks I don't want their names but if I see scudos dream and scudos fortune running I just might have an idea who owns them :D:D:D

"Shanes Leader" and "Garry Mentor" in the 2.45 might be a good bet. !!!!

Billys horse called "Bunting " always come last in my opinion.

I could add that I own them but that would be be a banning matter.

Only joking, Happy Christmas to all.

"Shanes Leader" and "Garry Mentor" in the 2.45 might be a good bet. !!!!

Billys horse called "Bunting " always come last in my opinion.

I could add that I own them but that would be be a banning matter.

Only joking, Happy Christmas to all.

theres a horse by the name of big red button going and his odds are shortening by the post ;);)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

If it is a sand and grit type substance, nearly like sand off a beach, it maybe from the oil delivery truck which got it from the depot.

I have had it twice. First was my own house. Boiler locked out, a few days after getting a fill. Oil pump was seized but on closer inspection, I found sand like grit in it. I have 2 Crossland filters on my supply, 1 at the tank & a second at the burner. Both were full of it. Had a major row with my supplier & they paid for a new pump & clean out.

Second time was in my van but with the same supplier. I drove in to fill up van with diesel. Got a mile down the road & started chugging. Got to a garage & the fuel filter was choked with the same grit like sand. Went back to the supplier & they had just had a their tanks filled by a tanker, so it disturbed the crap at the bottom of their storage tanks.

They couldn't explain how it was bypassing their filtration system or how it got into their tanks.

shane0007 wrote: »
    If it is a sand and grit type substance, nearly like sand off a beach, it maybe from the oil delivery truck which got it from the depot.

I have had it twice. First was my own house. Boiler locked out, a few days after getting a fill. Oil pump was seized but on closer inspection, I found sand like grit in it. I have 2 Crossland filters on my supply, 1 at the tank & a second at the burner. Both were full of it. Had a major row with my supplier & they paid for a new pump & clean out.

Second time was in my van but with the same supplier. I drove in to fill up van with diesel. Got a mile down the road & started chugging. Got to a garage & the fuel filter was choked with the same grit like sand. Went back to the supplier & they had just had a their tanks filled by a tanker, so it disturbed the crap at the bottom of their storage tanks.

They couldn't explain how it was bypassing their filtration system or how it got into their tanks.

could very well be the answer shane they added about 300eu to the tank last Monday started acting up Tuesday morning

they only have the standard filter fitted so maybe the grit got through and the bigger bits were in the pipe since installation and acted as a holding point for the finer schit so luckily enough here no pump damage just caused a blockage in delivery line

anybody have calls re nearly empty oil tanks blown over in last weeks breeze

personally I haven't just wondered there must be a few out there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,848 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

anybody have calls re nearly empty oil tanks blown over in last weeks breeze

personally I haven't just wondered there must be a few out there

Nope. Nothin

Nope. Nothin

Not here.

Lots of bleeding trees effed up my day !
    If I catch the fecker who planted them.....!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

One blown down, but had been "empty" since Christmas. Not in any hurry to get it back up. Said whenever I have time as they have no intention of putting oil into it any time soon. One down the road from me where I can see that it has been cracked by a fallen tree. He's a builder, so I wont be called to that one.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Advertisement

One of lads who works for me went home last week only to find his oil tank down the end of his garden.

One of lads who works for me went home last week only to find his oil tank down the end of his garden.
    I presume he hadn't done the Oftec 600a :)biggrin.png

Wearb wrote: »
    I presume he hadn't done the Oftec 600a :)biggrin.png

Sorry, no. He was born with the hand of the devil & three six's stamped on the back of his head.

Sorry, no. He was born with the hand of the devil & three six's stamped on the back of his head.

Poor Damien :(

good combo the devil child and the boss from hell :D:D

• Advertisement

good combo the devil child and the boss from hell :D:D

Have I missed something ?

Is he back ?

Cork Plumber & Son Ltd.

Ltd = Limited liability with a big L

T for teaching the great son part.

Small son ! Called Damienl, the D part

Where the "Hell" is he these days ?

Have I missed something ?

Cork Plumber & Son Ltd.

Ltd = Limited liability with a big L
    T for teaching the great son part.
    Small son !
    Called Damienl, the D part

Where the "Hell" is he these days ?

see post 339 by shane you will get it then scudo

????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,848 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I'm on me phone so can't see any numbered posts

????

you asked have you missed something WHY im getting confused

I'm on me phone so can't see any numbered posts

Go to the first one then count 339 posts forward :D

Go to the first one then count 339 posts forward :D

and you called me smart arse recently :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

and you called me smart arse recently :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Jaysus Jim... it wasn't all that recent. You must have a memory like an elephant.

Jaysus Jim... it wasn't all that recent. You must have a memory like an elephant.

its my age I get all excited when I remember something that happened a few weeks ago :):)

its my age I get all excited when I remember something that happened a few weeks ago :):)

I'm excited if I just remember !

• Advertisement
Advertisement