Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scumbag situation getting worse and worse

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

joetoad wrote: »

What you can do to help them? there actually born this way? And don't tell me that theres no such thing as looking like a scumbag. You can see them a mile off. Most of them have the same characteristics

Targeting troubled youths is a good place to start,some teens are in a bad place/have problems or are lost and can be sucked in to an unsavoury world which hopes to trap them their for life. Finding out what their interests are and encouraging them to explore this gives them a sense of self respect by targeting youths it helps society in the short and long term,all it takes sometimes is for someone to believe in a person to help them and with your attitude this would never happen.

Every child is born innocent you don't need rich or poor,bad or good parents to become a "scumbag". To assume a child born to "scumbag" parents will in turn become a scumbag is

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

They all have the same characteristics. How can you not see this?

Erm do you not remember my post earlier about my good buddy who would fit most, if not all, of the characteristics of what you'd describe as a scumbag? He's also from a shît hole area. He'll make more in a year than most would in 5 and he'll still walk around thinking he's 2pac or something. Can you not see how ridiculous and judgemental you are being?

I've already told you who I've worked with and they'd also fit your description are they scumbags, not a ****ing hope are they. They dedicate their lives to helping folk less fortunate than them.

Every argument you have come up with is flawed, childish, ignorant and down right snobbery to be honest.

So to answer your question in case you haven't worked it out by now, no I focking don't!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

They all have the same characteristics. How can you not see this?

As I said, the rugby player who kicked a young lad to death a few years ago and the guy who mugs an old lady for money are both scumbags. They share very little physical characteristics though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 295 ✭✭joetoad

Weathering wrote: »
    Targeting troubled youths is a good place to start,some teens are in a bad place/have problems or are lost and can be sucked in to an unsavoury world which hopes to trap them their for life. Finding out what their interests are and encouraging them to explore this gives them a sense of self respect by targeting youths it helps society in the short and long term,all it takes sometimes is for someone to believe in a person to help them and with your attitude this would never happen.

Every child is born innocent you don't need rich or poor,bad or good parents to become a "scumbag". To assume a child born to "scumbag" parents will in turn become a scumbag is ludacris

they have certain characteristics and everyone knows what a scumbag looks like, they also are not the braniest and have very little interest in education. Sometimes its nothing to do with their upbringing, they make their own choices and why don't they make the choice to change

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭robertxxx

Zero tolerance.. Bip Bip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,255 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

shinkansen wrote: »
    how do we deal with this so.

suggestions on a post card.

seems nipping them in the bud is not acceptable.
    How about we close a load of Garda Stations??

Have less Gardai?

Make prisons even more inviting?

More lenient sentences?

Oh. Perhaps not........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Really? Believe me when I say I know more scumbags that you will ever know and they are not nice people. I got bottled by one, friend got their jaw broken by one, friend got stabbed by one, cousins car burnt out by one, friends mother who worked in a post office got robbed by one and they are all known scumbags in the area with a reputation. I really think you need to wake up and see how serious some of these guys are. This was Northern Ireland and I've only recently moved to Dublin but i feel its the same here.

The comment above stated by you is in relation to scumbags and i totally agree with you that the scumbags that did this are scumbags entirely/absolutely.

I don't have a problem with that, but the way people dress/look or are even on drugs doesn't make them a scumbag. Most people like this try to keep to themselves, it's the minority of people that are scumbags and there will always be some of these. Others on drugs and wearing tatty clothes are more than likely just on rock bottom and are struggling to survive whatever their circumstances may entail.

Also I wear a track-suit most days when i'm relaxing because i find it comfortable and i'm also a long term alcoholic so does that make me a scumbag ? i never harmed a soul in my life or even a fly for that matter but i get looked at as well in a looking down way from certain people that don't know me but when i communicate to a person in their vicinity they end up looking back and saying hello and i can see they no longer look at me as if i was a scumbag or by the clothes i wear, why is this ?. It is because of the way i conduct myself and they always looked shocked, instead of them thinking that i was going to rob them or something :pac:

There are scumbags in all walks of life, from politicians to spoilt rich uneducated persons but things need to change in most peoples minds because judging a book by it's cover is an uneducated guess and a blind way of dealing with others in society.

zenno wrote: »
    The comment above stated by you is in relation to scumbags and i totally agree with you that the scumbags that did this are scumbags entirely/absolutely.

I don't have a problem with that, but the way people dress/look or are even on drugs doesn't make them a scumbag. Most people like this try to keep to themselves, it's the minority of people that are scumbags and there will always be some of these. Others on drugs and wearing tatty clothes are more than likely just on rock bottom and are struggling to survive whatever their circumstances may entail.

Also I wear a track-suit most days when i'm relaxing because i find it comfortable and i'm also a long term alcoholic so does that make me a scumbag ? i never harmed a soul in my life or even a fly for that matter but i get looked at as well in a looking down way from certain people that don't know me but when i communicate to a person in their vicinity they end up looking back and saying hello and i can see they no longer look at me as if i was a scumbag or by the clothes i wear, why is this ?. It is because of the way i conduct myself and they always looked shocked, instead of them thinking that i was going to rob them or something :pac:

There are scumbags in all walks of life, from politicians to spoilt rich uneducated persons but things need to change in most peoples minds because judging a book by it's cover is an uneducated guess and a blind way of dealing with others in society.

No it doesn't make you one, but its the preferred choice of clothes for a lot of them and you can spot them in groups a mile off. As i said they all have certain characteristics and people know that they do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭whitesands

they have certain characteristics and everyone knows what a scumbag looks like, they also are not the braniest and have very little interest in education. Sometimes its nothing to do with their upbringing, they make their own choices and why don't they make the choice to change
    What a load of ****e :rolleyes: you don't seem the braniest yourself ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

ha ha ha ha. Seriously, that's hilarious considering the amount of dribble I have read on this thread!

• Advertisement

robertxxx wrote: »
    You obviously don't come from Dublin.

I lived in Darndale for 14 years and i lived in dublin city for 3 years and swords for many years so i have met all walks of society on my travels. I've spent my whole life living in dublin basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Chris 90

Would it not be obvious in the sense that Dublin is rather small with over a million people inhabiting it, your bound to see more societal problems unfortunately. Also notice when a topic like this appears, people go a bit Mad Max vigilantism.

• Site Banned Posts: 194 ✭✭andym1

whitesands wrote: »
    Em you spelt Brainiest wrong, makes you look a bit silly considering the word you spelt wrong. There is a little edit down to your right.
    Just below

andym1 wrote: »
    Em you spelt Brainiest wrong, makes you look a bit silly considering the word you spelt wrong. There is a little edit down to your right.
    Just below

OM focking G

Mods please lock!!

Just below

Another discriminatory comment towards a fellow poster :rolleyes: this is the problem, when even down to the very basics people attack others.

Slan leat.

whitesands wrote: »

I'm employed as a programmer so couldn't be that dumb

Em you spelt Brainiest wrong, makes you look a bit silly considering the word you spelt wrong.
    Seriously?

OM focking G

Mods please lock!!

Ur giving people grief and as soon as someone says something to you ur on the backend :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

George W Bush was president...just saying

Ur giving people grief and as soon as someone says something to you ur on the backend :confused:

Do you need everything spelt out? Read the few posts before and let's see if your quick enough this time.

Go! Ill time you.

• Advertisement

What does that even mean? I'm a programmer myself but can't make sense of your post. You made up a new word 'braniest', how does making up words work when your coding?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

And we're done.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement